1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Trademeet Part 2

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Register, Jan 18, 2007.

1. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Trellyn strode into the Inn and spotted an empty table, standing next to it he took his morningstar off his baldric where it hung on his left side, he placed it in the table within easy reach for when he would sat down. Next he removed the baldric and the huge quiver on his back that held javelins, he lent this against the wall. The javelins were straight wood with coloured metal tips except for one that seemd to be as black as the darkest night with jagged patterns of light dancing through it. As the serving wench went past him, his arm reached out around her waist and pulled her to his side,

"Ah, darlin' there ye be, if'n ye'd be so kind as to bring me some chilled ale, a trencher of meat amd gravy, i'd be e'er so grat'ful" saying this he pinched the cheek of her bum. She flushed at this treatment, but a smile formed on her face and with a soft murmur and a softer smile she left to get victuals.

2. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Galliel had already knocked back five drinks, or was it seven? She was still in the habit of partying pretty hard everynight, like they did on the island, and she knew that that sort of lifestyle while adventuring usually meant a very SHORT life, but she wanted to have a last bang before going dry for awhile.

"Hey everybody, look at this, this little goblin on the island could do this trick really well, he taught it to me." She took a shot in each hand, then balanced another on each elbow. "Okay, now count, one, two, three, four, oops!"

She managed to get the first three shots kind of in her mouth, but the fourth one flew up into the air as she tried to fling it from her elbow to her face.

She turned and followed its arch, up over the neighboring table, right into a plate of meat and gravy on a loner's table. With a thick splash, gravy and brandy spattered the man's baldric and beard and face. He looked quite displeased with the experience, and ludicrisly funny.

"Phhthppthh!" Galliel laughed as brandy spurted out her mouth. "Oooh, aaahh! Damn! Brandy up the nose, brandy up the nose!" She grabbed the half-dragon's napkin and blew her nose profusely.

The guy with gravy on his face was glaring at her. She tried to stop laughing and headed over to him, brandishing the napkin. "Oh, please excuse me sir, I guess I'll have to practice that trick some more. It's really cool when done correctly. Let me help you get the gravy off your baldric and out of your beard."

3. DarkStrider

Trellyn looked at the elfin looking woman moving towards him, and decided to leave his anger behind, if he worked at this he could get 2 bed warmers for the night.

"Ah darlin', darlin' there be no need to trouble yerself overly much, ye just need a bit of practise, but fer now we'll have a drink on'it and call it even." turning towards the servery he shouted "Sheelagh would ye be so kind, some brandy fer me pal here and more ale fer me"

He picked up the jug and drained it then went back to eating his meat and gravy, around a mouthful he asked "And how are ye intendiing to clean me whskers, with that snotty rag or that sweet tongue of your'n?"

4. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Galliel looked at the snotty napkin, "Oh my, that would have been adding insult to injury, wouldn't it. Or more like snot to gravy. But I think your second suggestion is the better idea." She slid up to the man, was he a half-elf? Kind of looked like it, and delicately flicked her tongue around his beard and face, just occaisionally licking his ears and neck a little too. When she had finished, another brandy had arrived. She already had a really good buzz going, so she actually sipped this one.

"My name's Galliel, that motley crew over there's me mates." She glanced at the solid weapon on the table. "You look like you can handle that morning star pretty well. You good with your other shafts?"

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Tania was eating s fish dish with vegies and sipping an ale. She watched Galliel's antics and felt a twinge of her selkie nature which she quickly repressed.

Turning her attention to the others she studied them. Getting rid of the Cowled Wizards was fine with her but she still wasn't confortable with Ygor. He was a witch hunter. Where would he place a silkie?

Looking at Septh, the half-dragon she wondered if the stories she had heard about the Underdark were ture. She glanced at Elwithral wondering if she could get him apart to talk. She also wondered if she was relying too much on him but didn't know what else to do.

6. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Dalamar stepped up, Galliel was getting a tad bit noticable, and he'd rather not be noticed. He quietly came up behind them, he squeezed hte mans shoulder painfully, pinning him just in case he didn't like losing this inebriated vixen. He picked Galliel up from the armpit.

"I believe it's time for you to get some rest Galliel, and sleep in your own bed." He noticed Galliel's reluctance, "I'm not asking..." The man interupteed him. "I believe the lady is old enough to make her own choices, Agh!" "I wasn't asking you boy!" Dalamar growled and squeezed his shoulder harder, he sighed and then figured he had just made a bigger scene then she would. He sighed again and then let go. "Well enjoy your night," he whispered fiercely, "but we rise at dawn, and we leave with you or without you." He walked back to the table, the last thing he wanted was an impregenated traveller, he hoped the man had the decency to pull out.

7. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Galliel, not here, not now! We might be - and very well are - being tracked by Veatcys agents! Cease this foolery and go to bed, before you add more to the scene which the two of you have already created. He glared at Galliel as her enraged face soon softened and travelled to the room they had rented. He walked over to the surprised looking man, and leaned down into his face.

"Please. Do not touch her." The man made an advance to get up, but Elwithral planted his large hand on the man's solid shoulder. "No, I do not think so. Now please, unless you have business with me or my party, please, do not disturb." Elwithral's eyes glowed white in the dim light of the inn, and his own mind pierced that of the man's. He turned, and sat down back in his chair, keeping an unseen eye on the man.

He saw Dalamar smile at the usually calm aasimar's sudden outburst of anger and power.

8. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Septh was drinking what passed for coffee in this place, aware how much attention he was attracting. Almost everyone in the taven was staring at him, but never right at him, they were just glancing in his direction. He was used to it so it didn't bother him.

What he did care about was the man who had entered the taven, and had gravy licked off his face by Galliel. While Elwithral's display had been amusing, he decided he should try out this new mentle connection that Elwithral's dog had created.

Elwithral, you did know the man is a stormlord didn't you? look at the javelin with the black head in the quiver.

9. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

I did know, and what is that supposed to do, threaten me? He paused, returning to his calm demeanor, Sorry my friend. I dislike when people lose control, as I and Galliel have both just done. No, I have no fear for this Stormlord, I've dealt with them in the past.

10. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I didn't say he was dangrous, what I ment is that he could cause problems in other ways. We do have a lot of people after us right now and an annoyed man is much more likely to give infomation then a curious man. Incidently, it's not loseing control untill something is destroyed.

11. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

I do not intend for that to happen. Although, if I truly believe the man will cause us trouble, then I will kill him. Or, perhaps wipe his mind. But wiping a Stormlord's mind is like plucking a chicken alive. Neither goes without a fight. Elwithral watched the man, who had now retreated to his meat and gravy, Do not worry, friend.

12. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Tania went over to Inn Keeper and with the passing of a small but perfect pearl she arranged for the private use of the bathing room. She then stopped and spoke to Galliel, "Galliel, there be two tubs in the bathing room. You be welcome to use the other if you wish." She waves to the men, "Sorry no males allowed."

She retires to the bathing room and tells the server she only needs cold water. He protests a bit but she strokes her amulet and simply replies, "Penance." With tub filled and the server gone she pulls a convenient curtain around the tub and still wearing her armor steps into the tub.

Murmuring to herself, "Not as good as even a small pond but better than nothing."

The curtain being drawn no one can see who or what is in the tub.

13. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Ygor smiled and leaned back in his chair, his mind clearly remniscing the days of his childhood.

"It was quite a while ago," --He answered Irenicus-- "over half my life have passed since I was last home. I heard my father had died and my brother had taken his place, so I feel no obligation to return either. Athkatla is my home now, and I rely on it for my days when I will have retired."

He down his ale and request another pitcher before he head into his room. He did not trust the others, so he had rented a room for himself. He entered the room, locked the door, and trapped it with an arcane nullifying trap. Soon, he had dropped his weapons and equipment and unstrapped his armor, showing a bulky body with hundreds of small scars and cuts. He was a seasoned warrior, and it had taken it's toll.

"Evening, the traitor. Or is it Wytchslayer these days? It is time for you to pay your dues, you must understand."

Ygor froze for a moment and then dove towards his weapons, but as he landed they had already levitated towards the source of the voice. He turned around and saw an aged man, almost like a hermit, who smiled a toothless grin. Ygor realized he had to act fast, or he would spend the rest of eternity as one of Bane's slaves.

"Listen, Astynax, I do not care what the dark lord wishes, I still am not ready. You only need to give me a few more weeks, possibly only days, and Athkatla will be yours to the taking! I have now a secure access inside, and plenty of hirelings to aid me in taking over that accursed city! Then, you will have access to your tomb again, and nothing they or these naive fools can do will stop it! Just give me more time!"

Suddenly, the hermit dissolved and in his place an undead being of terrifying powers appeared. The demi-lich grinned and a hollow laugh soon followed.

"Fine, but if the dark lord cannot have your soul just yet, he said he would suffice with your body."

Ygor fell to his knees and suddenly realized what was happening. His skin and flesh was peeled off his bones, and all that were left was a skeleton with faintly glowing white dots as eyes. The demi-lich was gone, but so were the last shreds of his humanity. There was no turning back now, all other bridges had been burned. He quickly donned a sheet of some kind and covered his skeleton parts. He had no need to be sleeping or drinking anymore, and spent the rest of the night trying to find a way out, trying to be able to escape his cruel fate.

14. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    "Well I'm off to bed, It's been a long day. If anyone dies, let me know will you?"

Septh went upstairs and was about to enter his room when he heard voices comeing from Ygor's room and, from what he could hear, Ygor was a follower of a dark god of some description. This might have worried others but Septh had spent most of his life worshiping Lolth and there was little that could compared to Lolth's wrath.

He then heard a thump, scrabling and then... silence. Septh thought of investigating but decided againced it. It wasn't his business if worshipers of the dark powers tried to kill each other. He lay down on his bed and closed his eyes. He'd tell Elwithral in the morning.

[ January 25, 2007, 04:00: Message edited by: The Magister ]

15. DarkStrider

After finishing his meal, Trellyn gathered his things together and moved towards the rear of the inn, Sheelagh cam and joined and with their arms round each other's waists, they retired for the night.

In the morning he was sat at a table eating bread and cheese washing it down with ale, as Dalamar and Elwithral came down the stairs he looked up and said "Tis the boyos themselves twould seem me patron has some interest in the fellows that ye be after and be after ye and so I'll be travelling with ye fer aways" there was a gasp from Sheelagh at hearing this.

"Now if there's a pissing contest 'bout it that ye want to get into, he'll be more than happy to oblige ye, shall I get him to come fer ye boyos? The three of ye can see who's got the biggest cock, but then we can travel along, or I'll follow ye, now I've me goodbyes ter make and then i'll be wit ye" so saying he turned to Sheelagh took her in his arms and spoke to her in hushed tones

"Ah love, we knew this day would come, where me lord sends me, I go. Ye know how to get to the cottage, in 2 days a caravan will be pulling in that has need of a cook, and are expecting ye to join them as such, it'll take yer to Waterdeep, go to the Inn I told ye about, Amos will see ye th rest of the way. Go safe me darlin' and i'll see summat laters"

16. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Elwithral raised an eyebrow at the man, and mind spoke with Dalamar, His speech disgusts me, it sounds like a drunk ogre. He heard Dalamar snicker and a sly smirk spread across Elwithral's face. Elwithral aimed his speech at the man now, with his voice, and said:

"From what I can tell from your little.. speech, you will be travelling with us.. for the Veatcys? Against, I mean. And, my good man, what makes you think that you can approach us and demand to join us?"

17. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Septh awoke to the sound of birdsong. After so many years on the surface he was still unused to it, and it took him a while to remember where he was.

After he had straped on his rapier he headed downstairs and saw the Stormlord from the previous night talking with Elwithral and Dalamar. No one else was up yet so he walked over to the Planetouched to hear the conversation. If it was anything like last night there would be trouble by the end of it, so he felt his revlation on Ygor could wait.

18. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Ygor saw the sunbeams shine through the windows and started to don his armor. It was of utmost importance that his face or the rest of the armor is not to be seen, lest the others may decide to foolishly try to vanquish him for his past acts.

He wore his helmet over the the red sheet covering his body and headed down to the others, pretending like nothing had ever happened.

"Shall we move? It is best we move in the daylight, or we might get ambushed by some over-ambitous brigands on the way."

19. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Elwithral had to do a double take as Wytchbane came down the stairs. "Are you alright Ygor? Hard night?"

20. Scot

Galliel came back from the dead. Or at least that's what it felt like. She saw Tania getting her gear on.

"Gods, that's the last time I drink like that! At least for a month or two."

A hard binge was just what she needed to get herself ready for the simple adventuring life again.

"I need some food," she said, heading downstairs.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.