1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Trademeet Part 2

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Register, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Dalamar eyed the fool, he was annoyed by these free loaders, he will leave the talking to Elwithral. If he tried, he'd end up killing the man.

You deal with him, but if you need him killed, don't leave me out. He walked out, they would need horses. He looked for a stable, there had to be one sround here.

2. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Ygor turned to Irenicus. If he wanted to, she could just drive a hatchet into the skull of the Elf and be done with it, have Bane pick him up, end the torment.

However, he had things to do. People relied on him, and the Wizards rule were to be gone. He shrugged as he responded to Irenicus.

"I have been better, it was a rough night of sleeping. Still a bit hurt by that fist in the head the monster we fought gave me."

3. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

"Here, take this." Elwithral handed Ygor a jar full of a swirling, sky blue liquid. "Trust me, it'll clear any headaches, and also protects you from mind spells." Elwithral smiled, the man seemed down this morning. "Besides our mind speech of course."

Elwithral left instructions with the barkeep for Tania and Galliel and any others to meet them at the stables down the road. He jogged a bit and caught up with Dalamar, "So, Dally, tell me; what do you think of the newcomers? I know you don't trust them, but really, what's new, eh?"

4. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Dalamar rolled his eyes,

"The dragon thing is silent, a bit too silent. Ygor is acting strange, and smells funny. Galliel is crazy... er, and this new talos or whatever person is the intelligent rival of an ogre, and he is lewd and vile, Even by my standards, no pinache or style. He will probably end up coming with us, so what can you do. And also, after we deal with thes Veactys, I say we retake that one's castle and get us another estate. We've never had a castle."

5. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Elwithral agreed with most of the things the dark tiefling said, but replied, "Yes we did! Remember when we claimed that De'Arnise castle or keep from the Bhaalspawn? He was mighty angry." Elwithral paused, "I haven't been there in a while.. probably overrun by trolls again." The friends shared a laugh and finally arrived at the stables.

Elwithral walked to a stable boy and paid for six steeds. He eyed the horses he had just purchased, and delved into their warm minds. Two females and four males. Although, he didn't have to delve in their minds to notice that. :D The females, sisters, Lyarn and Bliu. Three of the four males had no names, and the remaining stallion was named Fyr, a black horse. He was actually an Elven breed, and this particular horse had been set free, and then captured by humans.

Dalamar, this horse is of Elven blood! And, he shares my nickname for you as his name!

6. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

"Then I guess he is mine, he is very nice. I am not an expert with horses, but I know enough to know a beauty when I see. I see he is restless, and not well trained. The wonders of mind powers, this stallion will be feared above all horses. I would like to call him Beucephelus, but since he already has a name Fyr it is." He patted the beast's hauches, he stood a good 18 hands, his legs were beautifully porportioned, he will be the king of horses.

7. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Galliel found her way to the stables, the sun hurt her eyes, and noises pounded in her ears, but she managed to stow her gear on the saddle of one of the horses and get up on it.

She suddenly leaned over and chucked up her breakfast onto the ground. She took a swig of water and spit it out too.

"Okay, now I'm ready to go." She saw Dalamar and Elwithral looking doubtingly at her. "Well, sorry for last night. It's out of my system now, for good long while anyway."

8. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Elwithral put out his hand for Fyr. The horse sniffed the hand then bowed his head. "Very good." Elwithral patted the horse's head and mane, and then turned to the rest of the horses. He thought that the girls would like to have female horses, so he chose one of the unnamed males.

The one he chose was smaller then Fyr, but larger than the females. His body was mostly muscle, the amount of fat on his body and his color were the only things making him different from Fyr. He was a cream-white color, and his hair was silky and shiny. His nose and feet were black, and smoothly blended into the cream color. The horse was timid, and was wary of Elwithral. The aasimar let out his hand, as he had done with Fyr. The unnamed horse stood defiantly, braying and swinging his head, ignoring the hand put out before him.

Elwithral was tempted to use his mind powers, but resisted. He wanted to do this the way he had learned in Suldanessalar. "If the horse does not bow, then you must bow to the horse. Do not treat the horse like a servant, treat the horse like an equal." Visions of his training at Suldanessalar swam in his head. He missed it there. He returned to his focus on the horse, and Elwithral stared the horse in the eye. The plane-touched elf bowed before the horse, not breaking eye contact.

The horse took a step back. As Elwithral had done before him, the horse bowed, maintaining the eye contact. Elwithral and the horse stood, both bowed to each other, for a few moments, then resumed their normal stance. The horse stepped forward to Elwithral's smile and bowed his head once again for pats and scratches. The elf went to the side of the horse and whispered to him, "What could be your name? Who are you, stallion?" Elwithral rubbed the horse's side.

Suddenly, Elwithral recognized a strength that was not purely physical. This horse's mind was strong, although his demeanor was timid. The mind was tough, and had seen many abusive owners.

"I have found your name, stallion. It is Poldora. It means strength. But in respect to you being my equal, you deserve another name as well. One word cannot describe you, Poldora." The horse whinnied a little, then flicked his tail. "Your full name shall be Poldora Aratoamin, which means, strong champion in common. Will you accept this name?"

The horse whinnied again and brayed, turning his head to Elwithral. The horse put his nose to Elwithral's and licked it. Elwithral just smiled and attacked the horse with scratches and pats. The newly formed relationship would last a lifetime.

The happy aasimar waited for his friends to choose and name their steeds.

9. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Joining the others at the stable Tania found the horses a little skittish of her sensing or smelling a strange animal. She decided that the one called Bliu was more accepting and mounted her.

She looked around at the others none to happily. She was feeling very much out of her element either as a human or a silkie. She was used to Elwithral, Dalamar and Galliel but the others made her extremely uncomfortable and she did not trust them. Her silkie senses were crying out to run to the nearest ocean.

10. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Elwithral sensed Tania's uneasiness. When we get to Nakia, I promise we shall bathe together, you and I! You may not know this, but I am quite the swimmer. I've been compared to Erevain Biutse, the greatest elven swimmer of his time.. although, his time was when I was a child, so I think you may not know him..

11. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    When Septh steped out of the inn the horses nealy bolted at the sight of him.

"Well, looks like rideing is out of the question. If you need me just call. I'll be overhead."

With that, Septh took wing and circled roughly 20 meters above the rest off the group. He couldn't see Ygor anywhere but the rest of the group was present and accounted for. He watched the group and saw Tania was obviously uneasy (most likely because of himself realy), Elwithral was waiting for everyone to get ready, Galliel was suffering the effects of a hangover, and Dalamar was looking up at him with suspicion.

There was no sign of the borish Stormlord, but Septh suspected he would appear in due time.

12. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Ygor thought about entering the stable but decided not to and decided to walk instead, abusing his lack of exhaustion.

"I will walk, Irenicus. I need to be prepared for when we enter, so this is going to be a sort of warm-up for me. Do not worry about my stamina, I got a few potions to take care of that."

13. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Dalamar didn't believe a word he said. He didn't even step inside the stable, he jumped upon Fyr and whispered a command in his ear, he perked up and cantered outside.

"Let's move on before another follower wishes to join our merry band of adventurers." He said very sarcasticly. He whispered a command again and Gywn leaped out of the mist. At seeing Dalamar on another steed she was insulted.

Don't be silly, now this way you can run around by yourself, and scout out what is front of us.

But I thought I was the only animal in your life?

This is Fyr, he is a horse, he will carry me when I am tired and you can walk by my side.

What if I don't wanna, stupid horse.
    She sulked, and slunk off into the woods, but before she gave a terrifying look at Fyr. Seeing Fyr's eyes widen, Dalamar gave him a reasurring pat.

"Don't worry old boy, she is just jealous." Fry's ears perked up, and when Dalamar cantered down the wooden path, not really waiting for the others. Fyr seemed to pick his hooves higher up, and clopped.

"Now, now. Must we show off." His answer was a whinny, and then the clopping was turned down a bit.

14. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Trellyn came out of the Inn, Amos, Sheelagh's father had arranged the saddling of his horse, Destrier. It was a strong powerful horse, he attached the quiver of javelins in front of his left knee and his morningstar his right. Picking up the reins of his 2 packhorses, he moved into the saddle and then at a steady trot followed the motley crew his patron wished him to join.

15. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    "There he is" Septh muttered to himself, having just seen the stormlord mount his horse and take off after the group... his group now wasn't it?

After years of time alone on the surface he found himself in the company of some of the most powerful beings this side of Farun. It was a strange world.

Ah well, time to have a talk with the folower of Talos then. What could he possably want with the Veatcys?

He flew lower to the man. Some misteries could not wait.

16. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Elwithral mounted Poldora with ease and trotted outside to the others. They were all ready and mounted, and the motley group of adventurers followed Dalamar into the woods. Elwithral was in behind, as he wanted to watch the newcomers. He also noticed that Trellyn, the Stormlord, had joined them. Interesting. He thought.

17. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Septh was hovering just above the head of the stormlord. Time to introduce himself.

"So, whats your story? Last time I checked the folowers of Talos only ever cared about disasters like tornatos and volcanos.

I'm Septh by the way."

18. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Isheir had never cared much for the North, prefering the temperate climates of Tethyr, Amn and Calimshin... well maybe not Calimshin. She, on the otherhand had never been opposed to the North, Isheir had wondered if it had been a product of her blood seeing how the wind was always cold. Isheir found he like the North even less when old friends didn't show up, with the danger abound in a place like this, you never knew exactly what happened, in Amn, you could at least pin it on politics.

"Seimala where are you?", muttered Isheir under his breath, "You drag me this far north, telling me you need to share something with me and then you disappear... this probably isn't the best way to rekindle a relationship from the past."

Isheir was certain that Seimala had told him to meet her in the town square of Red Larch. Isheir also remembered how flighty and irresponsible Seimala had always been and hoped that Seimala had merely forgotten to meet him her, after all it was still early and Isheir remembered how she had always had a hard rising in the past, though that was eight years a go while the two where still both kids.

The large scar on Isheir's face, the one that ran from his hairline to his jawline began to tingle, something it only did when bad things happened. Isheir had recieved this scar the first and last time he was killed in which his opponent took off half Isheir's face. Following resurrection, the scar remained and seemed to contain some essence of foreboding and seemed to have the power to alert Isheir whenever awry.

"I see, so something happened to her." Isheir again muttered to himself.

His eyes caught something on the ground, an amulet. Isheir picked it up, the amulet was a symbol of some sort, but Isheir wasn't aware of exactly what it was a symbol of. Maybe Seimala had been on to some group or cult, it was always like Seimala to tangle with adversaries she couldn't quite compete with.

"Well Isheir, before we jump to any conclusions, why don't we first figure out what this symbol is or if there have been any suspicious figures about lately. Ask about magic users, it takes guile to kidnap in the open." Isheir muttered to him.

Isheir departed from the town square and began to gather information.

19. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

"And I be Trellyn, and in most cases ye'd be right in that, I enjoy 'dhose as much as any of me brothers and sisters and I delight in destruction. Now and again dho' He has sum'ting purposeful in mind and gets one of us to do sum werk fer him. He may tell me why or He may not, I just get on wid it and usually get to blow a few things up."

20. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    "So you joined up with us because we have attracted the attention of the god of natural disasters. I'm not sure if thats a good thing. Ah well, who can truly understand the minds of gods?"

Septh flew higher, and wondered about this new infomation. Did this mean that his group was a natural disaster? He wasn't sure how to react to that.

It did meen that something was going on. Something that was bigger then it first appeared.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.