1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Trademeet

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Elwithral Irenicus, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Five people, three men and two women, showed themselves a hundred feet or so from where Andra and Galliel were hidden. Neither could see any of the scouting party, but with their sharp elven ears, able to hear most of the bickering.

Man 1: Look, Parky, them blokes we're searchin' for are prob'ly long gone to town by now.

Parky: You, keep your yap shut! Lady Yugia wants us to find whoever attacked her minions and by Mystra, we're gonna do it!

Man 1: I'm just sayin'-

Parky: I told you to shut it! (He spoke magical sounding words) There! Let's hear you complain now!

(They walked closer and Andra readied her staff for attack)

Woman 1: You didn't hafta do that. Gibbins did have a point.

Parky: Oh, oh you want some of me, missy?

Woman 1: Whaddya gonna do, Parky? Tuck yer robes betwixt yer legs and run like a scared rabbit like ya did when we pushed through Amkethran? You couldn't even get up the nerve for a Sleep spell, ya were so scared!

(More magical words are spoken)

Parky: (giggling) There you go. I don't cotton to fighters getting nosy about how I cast my spells. Seems as though you two won't be getting too big for your britches now, will you? Either of you got anything to say?

Man 2 & Woman 2: (unison) No.

Parky: Excellent. Now, let's take a good look for those enemies. Anybody see any elves?

Parky: A golden eagle or big black cat, perhaps?

Parky: Wonderful. (Clapped hands together) Let's lickity-split ourselves back to camp and report - we saw *nothing* and we heard *nothing*. Got it?

Man 2 & Woman 2: (unison) Yes.

Man 2: What about them?

Parky: Gibbins and Strodder? Eh, they, um, they...

(Minutes of silence passed)

Man 2: (hesistantly) Maybe they...deserted, sir?

Woman 2: Traitors? They, um, tried to...ambush us...sir?

Parky: Oh, that is spectacular! We'll agree that Gibbins and Strodder showed themselves as traitors and tried to kill us. But my great magical knowledge came to the fore and I managed to destroy the two backstabbers while you two engaged in melee! Off we go then; back to camp!

Andra waited until she could hear nothing from the enemy trio. She stepped out from behind her tree as Galliel did the same. Both looked around. All they saw were a couple of nervous squirrels. Andra cocked an eyebrow, saying, "You don't suppose that mage Polymorphed them?" Galliel stifled a snicker. Andra approached the two rodents and called out a soothing, whistling tone. The pair scampered to her and she gathered them into her cloak. "Looks like we have a couple of prisoners to interrogate...if anybody can break the spell."

2. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"I bet one of the two demi-gods leading us could probably do it, they seem to have pretty powerful magic. Can't say that I not happy about avoiding a fight. Never know what your foes can be hiding up their sleeves." Galliel let one of the squirrels crawl up her arm and onto her shoulder.

3. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Ellesime flew over the trees, letting Elwithral look for the magic of the Stones. "There! To the left, Ellesime!"

Ellesime flew downwards to the forest floor, about 30 paces away from the two girls. Elwithral jumped off, as did Dalamar and they jogged over to them.

"We have to go!" Dalamar said, not letting the girls get a word in. Elwithral explained about the elves and the scouts.

"We have to be careful. Galliel, I want you to lead us in this. I think you will make a wonderful leader, and you seem to know your way around sword and bow."

Elwithral cocked an eyebrow at the squirrels. "Mind explaining?"

4. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"Well, the squirrels used to be two fighters in a scouting party that lost a disagreement with their mage. We're hoping to somehow get some good information out of them, or at least some flavoring for our stew tonight - that was a joke, I don't like squirrel meat all that much." Galliel took her bow out, then pointed to her empty quiver. "I'll try leading, that sounds like fun, but what's the mission, and do any of you have any more arrows?"

5. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"I can make you some! I use Ellesime feathers and Gwynephere fur to make a strong and quick arrow. I can have them for you in.. POOF! There. 40 arrows," Dalamar said.

Elwithral explained his theory of Yugia being nothing but a mere pawn in a bigger scheme. He hoped Galliel and the others would still be up for it.

6. Scot

Galliel put the arrows in her quiver. "Thanks, that'll do for now. Hmmn, this Yugia lady sounds pretty mean. I think we should find her and kill her. I'm sure that is easier said than done, but it'll sure be better than taking out her whole army. Then maybe we can use her lieutenants to figure out who she was really working under. Do any of you have any powerfull clairvoyance spells or items. We need to stop searching for the needle in the haystack and get some direction for our search. Hopefully we can somehow ambush her when she is away from the bulk of her guards and army. Kind of go about it like we're casing a well guarded mansion, and we just might get lucky." She picked up a dirty gold piece that had been stepped into the ground and brushed the dirt of it. "Hey, look at that!" she beamed.

7. Benan Gems: 20/31

Kalab kicked a stone in frustration he looked at Tania and muttered "We seem to be getting no where. There aren't even signs of an evil army around here. I wonder how the others are doing."

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31

While the others talked, Andra focused her attention on the squirrel tucked under her hair. It had been almost twenty years since Jebr died. The human attack on her home brought back painful memories along with a rage.

Jebra twirled his slender torso around the fallen tree limb. His bright black eyes glowed with mischief as he watched the new people make plans. He twitched his velvet nose and wonderous smells assaulted his senses! He felt the mental tug of his elven mistress. She wanted him to return and report what he saw. His mind went numb with indecision - what could it hurt? He scampered pellmell from his hiding spot and into the nearest tent. Oh, the smells were coming from here!

Andra was jerked back from her memory. The mental bond between her and Jebr was snapped, just like the ferret's fragile neck when it was caught snooping in the foodstores. She breathed quickly, realizing she'd avenged her slain companion years ago. It had nothing to do with the now...or did it?

She slid her palm under the squirrel's belly and held it close to her face. Its body quivered as she cradled it and its eyes focused on Andra's. She eased her way into the animal's brain and searched through the memories.

Under normal circumstances, creating a bond with a new animal companion would take weeks of training and rewards. But Andra didn't have the time.

She knew what to do. Even the fact that this was a former human became an asset. Since the polymorphing was only minutes old, the human instinct and, more importantly, memories were still crisp and clear. Andra pulled the location of a large encampment of humanoids from the squirrel's mind and tucked in her own for the time being. She rubbed her thumb between the animal's ears and the tip of her index finger under its chin.

"I think I have what you're looking for," she said to the others. "Somebody'll have to get us there since I don't know where I'm at exactly." The rodent worked its way to her shoulder as she opened one of her belt pouches. She withdrew a worn, folded sheet of parchment and passed her hand over the blank page until a picture appeared. The animal chirped frantically at the magical landscape, its tiny claws digging into the leather jerkin she wore.

9. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"That looks like Calishman.. I'm not sure.. Galliel?"

10. Scot

Galliel took a look at the magical map. "You're right, Elwithral. In fact, I think I know just where it is. South of the River Agis, where the foothills of the Marching Mountains blend into the Calim desert, there is a long run of red ore that streaks towards the Memnon to Calimport road. The local nomads say it is the remnants of a great battle that an iron god fought with the dust, but what do they know? If you look right here," she said, pointing to a spot in the picture. "You can see some of that red streak. That's kind of a pain though, because the nomads that claim that area are really not very friendly to anybody."

She looked off to the south dreamily. "I wonder if Hashim would recognize me without my chains?"

11. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"Well we need to get the others and go there, I am thinking.. Dalamar?"

Dalamar looked up, "Yes, and quickly it seems.. I have a plan too, for the advancing army." He took Elwithral aside.

"Ok then. We are decided. Dalamar will be going with you to Calishman, and I will deal with the problem here. Off ya go!" Elwithral dimension doors away, and Dalamar points in the direction of Tania and Kalab.

"Let's go!"

12. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Dalamar and the crew walk out of the forest after an hour or so, and then Dalamar asks, "Who still has their stone? I gave mine to Elwithral and we need to find the others quick, so someone hold yours and think of Tania and Kalab."

Dalamar's mind was flooded with visions of the area around Tania and Kalab, each flashing for a split second, then vanishing. "They're this way!"

Dalamar hopped onto Gwynephere and motioned for the others to get on.

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Andra hopped on the big cat behind Dalamar. They took off just a Galliel seated herself. The cat's massive paws ate up the ground beneath him as the sounds of a fight reached their ears.

Dalamar and Andra happily leapt into the fray; Dalamar's swords slicing and dicing while Andra showed all the danger of a six foot stick.

One set of enemies had targetted Tania and centered her in their circle. The intrepid cleric was holding her own, but Andra could see help would be much appreciated. The elf allowed her fighting prowess to shine as she hammered two of the fighters. Neither were expecting the flurry of blows she rained upon them. Her main asset was her lack of armor, giving her the ability to tumble and twirl away from their ham-handed attacks.

She misstepped and took a heavy hit to her upper arm. A hiss of pain escaped her clenched teeth as the wound stun and redness soaked her tunic. The quarterstaff jabbed one enemy in the stomach, forcing him to fall forward. Andra used his body, bracing her staff hard against his shoulder as she vaulted over him. As she flew over, she disappeared from sight.

========

"Where did that one go?!" the troop commander demanded and started shaking the nearest aide-de-camp. "Lady Yugia ordered no survivors from this! Find that elf and kill it!"

The aide-de-camp could only gurgle his agreement as he was choked, then tossed aside. "Yessir!" he answered roughly, scrambling to his feet and massaging his neck.

========

Andra reappeared next to Tania, touched the cleric's arm and the pair vanished. They showed up in the fight with Dalamar and Kalab. "I can get us all the Calimshan!" Andra shouted to the others. "Stay close to me. We'll snag Galliel and get the hell outta here!" Dalamar and Kalab didn't look happy at this idea. Andra went back-to-back with Tania and continued talking. "If someone can give me the right direction, I can get us there in about half a day. Either one of you got a better plan?"

14. Scot

"South-southwest, many many leagues. It's usually quite a long journey. How are you going to get us there?" Galliel looked forward to feeling the warm desert winds again.

15. kuemper Gems: 31/31

"The ever-shifting planes of Limbo and the Shadow planes. Sort of like the mage spell Dimension Door. We've got to be in contact with me, so linking hands works. Are we ready people?" Andra held a hand out to Galliel and Dalamar, waiting for them to grab on.

16. Benan Gems: 20/31

Kalab allowed his arm to be held, he reached out and grabbed Tania by the back of the tunic and shouted "I've got Tania, do what you have to elf."

17. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Dalamar held on tightly, knowing the dreadful feeling of jumping between planes.

--------------

Elwithral walked to the base of the magnificent tree, and called out in his native dialect.

" It is I, Elwithral Mingano Irenicus, Son of the celestial Mingano and the late High Priestess Tiriyen, and High Co- er former- High Councillor of Suldanessalar. I have come here on business for Queen Ellesime. It is imparitive(sp) that I speak with her. "

" Of course you may enter, Master Irenicus! You need not've asked to come in, for you will always be welcome here. "

There was a sudden flash, and the base of the tree was magnificently transformed into a glowing, crystalline entry way. Elwithral stepped inside onto the platform, and breathed a heavy sigh. He was glad to be back. The flash came again, and the entry way behind him returned itself to the tree it once was. Elwithral looked up at Suldanessalar. He glanced at the glowing buildings and temples, the crystal staircases and the beautiful elves, wandering about.

Elhan ran down the staircase to shake his hand. "It is so great to see you again, Master Irenicus! We all have missed you so much! Well, except for those who didn't, but all the same.. I missed you! But you're not here to see me, are you? You're here to see the Queen! Follow please!"

Elhan led Elwithral up the staircase quickly, practically pushing the other elves out of the way, saying, 'Come on now! It's Master Elwithral Irenicus here! Get moving!'.

After a while of walking through the city, they finally came to the Palace. Elhan talked to the guard for a moment, and the guard hastily opened the door.

Elwithral walked inside to the warm and inviting Hall, and listened to the echoes of his footsteps as he walked towards the main chamber.

18. kuemper Gems: 31/31

"Let's go then," Andra said and caused the party to vanish. They group reappeared moments later and very far away, a little shaken. Andra refused to give anyone time to reconsider traveling this way and swooped the party away again.

After planeshifting for half a day, the group finally stopped a dozen feet from the northen shore of the River Agis. "Sorry if anyone feels dizzy or sick," she told them. "I wasn't sure if there was a faster method of getting here. We should rest up and do some reconissence of the area. Sound good?"

19. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Dalamar straightened up and said, "Yes, let's get ready. After we rest for a while, we can go by the base of the Marching Mountains, then along the Calim River to Calimport, and we can decide from there after."

"Or we can just teleport.."

20. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Tania looked longingly at the river then at Andra. She didn't know if Galliel at explained her dual nature but decided it didn't matter.

She walked into the river completed clothed. In a moment a golden brown seal appeared splashing and playing in the water. Diving under water she appeared a few minutes later with a fish which she tossed to Galliel's feet and then disappeared again. Within a very short time there were enough fish to feed them with leftovers.

Swiming up close to shore she gradually returned to human form. "Galliel, I know you can do something tasty with those. If you need any herbs I think I can find a few around here."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.