1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Trademeet

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Elwithral Irenicus, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"Yeah, I know just the thing." Galliel went over to a large rock, and blasted it with a Burning Hands for about a minute. Then she laid the fish on the rock, and sprinkled them with some spicings from her spell component pack. Soon the fish were flaky and ready to eat.

"Don't got no fancy silverware, but I always liked fish best with my fingers anyway." She chose a large one for herself.

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Andra grabbed a fish for her supper, feeling the burn of the flaky, white flesh on her fingertips. "This is good," she mumbled to the others. When she finished, she disposed of the scales and bones and laid back wondering what in the nine hells she's was neck-deep into this time.

3. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

"Well, I need to stretch a bit. Hold on."

Dalamar bent over and was stratching in ways that the others would not ever be able to do. A while back Elwithral and Dalamar were having tea with two of their halfling friends in Gullykin, and said that they were feeling stiff, so the hobbits gave them some stretches to do before fighting and adventuring.

"All done. Okay, is everyone ready to go?"

----------------------

Elwithral walked into Ellesime's chambers, after talking with guard after guard, through secretary and noble alike.

"Ellesime." Elwithral adressed her in a solemn tone.

Ellesime was startled because usually someone says 'Queen' before or just 'Queen'. She looked up, "Yes," she let her mouth hang open, then quickly returning to her calm manner, "Elwithral! My god! How have you been? The city has missed you." She rose from her chair and started to him. She let out her hand for him to give her the customary kiss on the hand.

He slapped it away and grabbed her head, kissing her madly. She resisted, then slowly gave in. Finally, she pushed him away, "What!? Elwithral, what brings you here?!"

"I am here.. because I have grave news. And, I was missing you," he backed up, "there is an army coming. I know this is vague, but I need you to come to the Divination Chamber with me." He grabbed her hand and dashed out of the room, her almost flying behind him. He flew through the corridors, his footsteps silent, almost like time had stopped. They reached the Divination room in no time, and Elwithral slammed the door open, and stormed to the large orb like structure in the centre of the room.

"Calishman." he stated. The orb swirled and turned, then came to the city of Calimport, overseeing the hustle and bustle.

He explained to Ellesime the problem, and at first, she seemed sceptical. "Elwithral, I know you care for the humans and their cities, but why do we have to protect them? They never help us, and we are safe in Suldanessalar."

[ October 07, 2005, 01:03: Message edited by: Elwithral Irenicus ]

4. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Taking a fish Tania daintily devours it. "Ah, Galliel, that was good. That spell you used on the rock is handy. Wish I could do it. But Burning Hands clashes with my water magic."

She leans back against a rock and makes herself confortable.

"Teleporting may be faster than walking but it makes me feel like I'm swimming in a murky sea. A wee bit of earth bound rest feels good."

5. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Dalamar sat down on the grassy earth, and started to hum. His hands and eyes glowed an eerie black, and soon all the others could see in his eyes and hands was black energy, coursing and pulsating quietly, politely. Detecting the others' stare, Dalamar just simply said, "Meditation".

After a few minutes, he got up, eyes and arms, now, still glowing, only in the shape of blades. Almost solid looking, he showed them to the others.

" I think you have seen them with Elwithral, on the form of Light, and mine are in the form of Dark. That's why we are called the Light and Darkness when we travel together. These are blades. Capable of going through the toughest armor or wall," he picked up a rock and slowly sliced it in half, "we don't use them much, but when we do, people should watch out." He uttered an arcane word and the darkness vanished.

"Well, unless you guys have anything for show and tell, we better get going." He glanced at Andra.

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Andra lifted a brow and smirked, saying, "I have a magic stick." She thumped the ground lightly with her staff and winked at Dalamar. "If we're all rested, let's get where we are needed. Teleporting isn't a problem as long as I know where I'm taking people."

She did a knip-up to her feet and rolled her shoulders. She gestured for everyone to hold hands again. When all were joined, she jumped planes and brought the crew to the outskirts of Calimport.

Her first instinct was to fade into the shadows and let Dalamar take the lead. Sharp, searing pain shot through her skull. She muffled a cry of "Pha'lyll?" and dropped to her knees.

7. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Dalamar was alarmed and got down beside Andra, casting a spell of Mass Invisibility. He dragged her into the shadows of an alley, and motioned for the others to follow.

"Tania! What's going on with her?" he pointed at the moaning body of Andra, "You're area is healing, come on!"

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Tania hurried to her fallen compatriot and checked her over. Shaking her head, she said, "I can't find anything physically wrong."

Andra grimaced through the pain, whispering, "It's a friend of mine...Pha'lyll...mage that linked my...mind to...to his with a spell." She squinted at the two hovering over her. "He's close b-by. I'm f-feeling his...pain." She pushed herself to her feet and thanked Tania. Seeing the look on Dalamar's face, she answered his unspoke question, "Yeah, I can find h-him. He-he's calming down a bit. He's showing me where he's at, in a cellar or dungeon. It's a building over there." She pointed over Tania's right shoulder.

9. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Dalamar's darkness blades were forming on his arms. "Well, let's go there then!" He rose into the air and sped off at the building. The others would soon realize that he doesn't like his companions getting hurt.

10. Benan Gems: 20/31

"Finally a fight." Kalab uttered, and broke into a sprint. He reached the door a step ahead of Dalamar, lowered his shoulders and splintered the door off it's locks. The momentum carried him through the door and into a heap on the ground. He quickly jumped to his feet and drew his massive sword. His head was bleeding and his eyes were burning. But he was unsure of what to look for.

11. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Galliel ran after the group towards the building. Had it been there before? She hadn't noticed it. It had the appearance of an efreeti's lair, which could explain its sudden materialization in the desert. She jumped in after Kalab, long sword and dagger out and ready.

Inside it was dark and dusty, and cluttered with shelves and boxes and barrels. There were two small high windows letting in a little light, but no doors. In the silence that followed their bursting in, she heard muffled cries coming from below the floor.

"Kalab, look for a trap door somewhere under these boxes and barrels!" she said as she started moving stuff around and stomping on the floor trying to find a hollow spot.

12. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"Back off!" he said to Galliel and Kalab. As soon as they jumped out of the way, Dalamar closed his eyes. He stretched his arms out, palms flat, and then swiftly pushed them up. As soon as that happened, all the boxes and barrels flew into the air a few feet off the ground, making it easier to look for the door.

"There we go now." Dalamar flashed a grin and went to look for the door.

13. Benan Gems: 20/31

Kalab scowled at Dalamar "My muscles could've done that to." He went to find the door, occasionally stepping in certain places checking to see if it's hollow.

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Andra followed the others into the mysterious building. Noticing all were looking for a way into the cellar, she started looking also. Tapping her staff on the floor in increasing frustration, she found it well-disguised. She yanked up on the recessed, metal handle and jerked the trapdoor away from the floor. Without checking, she dropped into the hole.

15. Benan Gems: 20/31

Kalab sheathed his sword and dove headlong after Andra, if there was trouble she might need his help. It was a fairly long drop and the barbarian landed hard. Springing to his feet he looked around the room for something to hit.

16. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Dalamar flew in to the hole and swerved up just before hitting the floor, his eyes adjusting to the darkness of the cellar. His elven ears almost sprung to life at all the sounds down there. There was a constant humming in the background, and there was muffled cries coming from all directions.

"Which way Andra?" His eyes glowed black, although the others couldn't see it.

17. Scot

"Down the hatch," Galliel quipped as she jumped down the hole.

18. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Tania followed the others down. Outside the air had been dry and made her skin itchy and uncomfortable. Now that she was underground she could feel moisture. Whatever was below at least she had some water to draw upon. She tapped into it slightly to increase her vision and saw several exits and heard cries. The strange humming made her skin prickle.

19. kuemper Gems: 31/31

"This way! To the left!" Andra cried to the others, any reasons for stealth long gone. She bolted down the left passage, splooshed a boot in a small puddle of murky water and into the arms of a surprised guard.

The guard hit the ground as the ranger barreled her way overtop. He groaned when several others used his body as a welcome mat, although the lithe halfelf did pause to wave down at him.

The group came to a barred door. Voices were heard through the wood. "Two options: unlock it or kick it in. I vote for kicking," Andra stated in a heated tone while she stepped aside.

20. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"Blast it!" Dalamar blasted the door open, dark energy spilling into the room, slowly evaporating. Dalamar popped into the room, both swords drawn defensively. He waited for Andra to speak as the smoke and energy cleared.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.