1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Underage Gay Sex Worse than Underage Straight Sex in Kansas - Until Now

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, Oct 21, 2005.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    One thing about lawyers you need to know: whatever they write should be read twice. And then again. :shake:

Yeah, especially if we're partly protecting people from themselves. After all, it's consensual. I wonder how many people sentenced for sex with someone below the age of consent are in fact people who forgot to card their mate. :rolleyes: IMHO there should never be any such charge if the initiative came from the minor, who also looked older than he or she was or if the minor was in a place and/or situation where minors shouldn't be expected and looked older than the real age.

2. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

If 15 months for having sex with an underaged girl versus 17 years for having sex with an underage boy is not kay, then raise the penalty for having sex with an underage girl.

Secondly, the arguement I was trying to make was that the boy's mental state may have been ruled to nullify consent, therefore making th crime Rape, and the victim a mentally challenged 14 year old boy. Even if the victim was a mentally challenged 14 year old girl, the man would have gotten more than some 20 months. It would be a lot closer to the 17 years that was handed down in the original case.

3. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Gnarff,

I get where you're coming from. Indeed, that is the other solution - you either raise the punishment for different sexes, or reduce the penalty for same sex. Although technically, I don't think it can be called rape, as no penetration was involved. According to the article it was oral sex, and AFAIK, you can't get a rape charge for that.

4. chevalier

Media:
    It isn't clear in criminal codes if coerced oral is rape or coerced sexual activity of a different kind. We can't take the penetration criterion too far or anal rape won't be rape.

5. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, anal rape is definitely rape, but I don't think oral is considered rape. Specifically because if it was, he would have been charged with (at least) statutory rape. If it fell under the rape definition, why wouldn't that be the charge?

6. chevalier

Media:
    Courts differ. If you have "intercourse" in one paragraph and "sexual activity" in another, it depends on what the judge considers intercourse or sexual activity. You could find a judge for whom only full vaginal penetration is intercourse, so by definition, a male can't rape a male, plus everything like oral or anal is a lesser charge. Or you could find a judge for whom oral sex is always intercourse, even on par with vaginal penetration. In cases of molestation, one judge will dismiss everything short of nudity and outright nagging, another will believe a plain hug or cheek peck to be sexual. And so on and so forth. This is why I wouldn't rely too much on the charge, especially in a common law system where plea bargain is a reality.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.