1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Warwic OoC

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by kuemper, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

Sorry about my lack of responses at the moment. It seems the SP server problems strike just at the point where I have the time to get on.

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I've had more time to sort through my ideas about Warwic. Basically, it's a place for new adventurers to gather, learn from trainers and see how it feels to work with an actual party.

Feel free to describe the village as you like and what the training halls, temple and mage tower are. Try to keep with what someone else has described. I did a bit for the fighting hall. When everyone who's going to be playing has had a chance to train and learn in their appropriate class(es), I'll post an all-points announcement for the new students to meet at a specific place for some lovely dungeon crawling! ;)

@DS - The sword is fine. It's a family heirloom, right?

3. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

@kuem yes it's bound by an obscure elvish magic ritual to the bloodline

4. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Heh, sorry guys but I dismissed the idea of doing a young Kazdul because i havn't come up with his background story yet, but I did however pull up a darker being known as Rafael (pretty much a DnD version of myself lol...)

Yes, he is another rogue (look at my title :) ) but he's way more orientated towards fighting. Hope he can adventure gloriously with you guys :)

Also, I don't think i'll be able to post in like the next 9 or so days, because I'm busy this weekend, then I'm competing in a Science competition monday and tuesday, and then going on a hunting trip from Wednesday until Sunday, so sorry guys V_V

5. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

:lol: I got a wicked idea for a long-range "wet willy" and couldn't help myself.

BTW, what the heck are the rest of us supposed to be doing? Just training and stuff? Whatever we feel like?

And has anyone else noticed that it's been more than a week since anyone besides our two half-orcs posted? (My recent post notwithstanding.)

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Basically, the idea was to have people do a bit of training or however they want to write it, then get a summons from Warwic to get to the dungeon.

Yeah, this RP's dying a long, slow, painful death. :( Apparently, I guess, I'm not doing it right or whatever since it's down to me, Scot and you. I think a couple people had compy problems and there's always school.

I am having fun with Scot and our little back and forth sessions. :) Oh well. Maybe I'll have hordes of demons invade town or something. :shake:

7. Felinoid

I don't know about the others, but I haven't really done anything other than character interactions because I don't know what to do. I was pretty much waiting for you to do something, either as the DM or the lady Warwic; I hadn't thought we were free to make the summons or speak for her Warwic-ness. Scot seems to be the only one who got it right. :bad:

But don't worry, they'll come flooding back when there's more action. And even if they don't, we can have a lot of fun as a trio, though I imagine it'll be a bit contentious at first. :grin:

We've got the basics: Shurka's the tank, Dala's the healer (with a wallop of her own, of course), and Shawdup's the arcane/thief. Leaves room for expansion too (unlike the other crowded RPs). I think if we could get Benan back (elven F/T), and wrangle Nakia in as a full-blown arcane caster, we'd have a good chance of making the best RP this site has ever seen. :)

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I wanted to try something different for an RP and I guess it was *too* different for most.

It will get better. (It can't get any worse. :heh: I keep telling myself that.)

9. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

It'd have to be pretty good to best Rashemen, but I must admit I'm a tad bit biased there. ;)

I think we've got some good people, with Thanksgiving, I bet a lot of people are away from their computers. I've got just a little more training I want to give Shawdup, but we can start our "First Adventure" anytime.

10. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Rashemen is the best. And as far as I know it's one of the best ever. It's because it started quick and the momentum kept going. Now it seems to have slown down.

This one doesn't haveenough character interaction or mystery. The story hasn't started to take place yet. And I seem to have developed RPGADD (RPG Attention Deficet) recently.

11. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Wow, your gone for a few days and you miss everything. could someone please inform me what is going on? I'm so lost and have only one post. I wouldn't be surprised if I was booted...

Perhaps i should start my own RP? I've been working on a good one for a while

12. DarkStrider

Sorry work interfered but I'm back now honest :D

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Not much. It was on a respiratory for a while with Scot and me posting. I think I kept the plug from getting pulled. :p Everyone's in the tavern and making a list to go into the dungeon, which is in the tavern's cellar iirc.

I'm trying to speed things along, but first level characters are slow going no matter how you play them. :heh:

14. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

OK Kuemper, aka Miss Warwic, now that we're in the dungeon, how do you want to run things?

Should we just make up what we see, like Benan and the locked door, or do you want to describe it to us, as if this were a PNP session? I.E. "You open the door and see a long passageway with two doors on the right and one on the left."

15. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Just make it up as you go. That'll give people more leeway as to their posts and not so dependent on waiting for either me or someone else to post.

Oh and on an off note, things aren't what they seem with the school. I don't think anyone caught it (except for me, but I knew what I was planning ;) ).

16. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I have been sort of.. off for a while, and my character seems to be still in the Tavern me thinks.. Can I just sort of appear like I was there the whole time?

17. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Oh yeah. Come on down to the cellar.

18. Felinoid

For those of you who may be wondering just what the heck sliced Dala's shield, it was a trap, not a monster. I'd suggest either Kael or Rafael go disarm it or check it out or something.

@EI:
    Hurry up and get yourself down here, boy! Just write something about waking up at the bar and seeing Warwic, who would then wave you down. Heck, even Dala passed out from too much drink, and she's a dwarf!

@kuemper:
    :hmm: Are we going to get experience at the end of a quest, or will we just stay first-level forever?

19. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Leveling up to second level is a good idea. :doh: I forgot to mention it sooner. Oh well, plans do not survive the first encounter.

20. DarkStrider

having never done one of these before how do you know when you've got experience, can level up ?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.