1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Warwic OoC

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by kuemper, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

In Rashemen, we're all just kind of winging it, I posted the XP more for fun, but maybe here we should look to Kuemper, since she started it and could be considered the DM.

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

If it's like pnp, a few of you will need to rest and memorize spells after leveling. Get the trap taken care of, then everyone become level 2 characters.

I'm sorry I'm such a sucky DM. :(

3. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Stop apologising it's a sign of weakness :) How can you be sucky at your first attempt you're learning as some of us are, including me. :)

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

:whoa: That's one bad-a$$ trap if just disarming it will give us second level already. Then again, training gives XP too, so it could be argued that we were pretty close already. :hmm:

/me pats kuemper on the head

The internet is one of the more difficult arenas to DM in; believe me, if it weren't so hard to keep a handle on I'd have started my own RP by now. :heh: And really (I'm not sure how you'll take this, but...), you're not really DMing a la PnP or you'd be creating the whole dungeon for us; it's a lot closer to a regular cooperative RP and that's good. Just keep it light and don't worry unless we screw up some of your plans. :D

5. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I second Felinoid, you're doing fine Kuemper.

Even if the trap, or the first few encounters we do, give us enough XP to level up, we should wait until we get out of the dungeon and work with our trainers to actually level up and gain new skills.

Though it might make sense to suddenly become a better fighter after a hard fight if you saw a gnoll do a new move with a sword, it would make little sense for Shawdup to suddenly know how to sing/cast a charm person until he works with Greggor for awhile on it. My two cents is that we go that way for leveling up.

6. DarkStrider

I've always wondered how a sorceror would train to level up, the difference would be if I went down the dragon disciple route. Perhaps it would be better if we all realised after the trap that we need some training and went and got it and levelled up as a result ?

/me hugs kuemper despite phone and gives her a chocolate truffle :) PS don't tell Ara about the truffle :D

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31

/scraps dungeon encounter idea :skeptic:

Thanks, all. I'm trying to keep everyone happy, or at least wanting to keep posting here.

8. DarkStrider

Hey momma marilith how we doing so far ? Do you want us to level up now or shall we continue stumbling around ?

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Take a level up.

I'm trying to come up with ideas that don't go poof the second other players get involved. :) Free will is quite silly.

10. Scot

Yeah, RPing here is somewhat different than PnP D&D where the DM is law. Sorry about the disappearing door, Kuemper, if that's what threw a wrench in your plans.

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31

It wasn't the door. It's getting what I feel is the main plot worked in without dropping 2,000 pound weights in the story.

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Call to arms!

Big fight upstairs in the bar. Join in! See if you have what it takes to beat 2 dopplegangers and a greater doppleganger!

Prizes to the winners!

13. DarkStrider

I should explain that Fienna's anger is actually not directed at the other characters but at herself she feels that it's wrong for her to be taking charge as she's sort of been doing and she's afraid; afraid that she may lead someone to pain or worse and seeing Shurka helplesss like that helped her rage like that. She'll calm down, honest :)

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31

:thumb: Congrats, DS on your handling of a Delayed Blast Fireball! Yes, that's what that pebble was.

15. DarkStrider

Thanks kuemp I don't think i'll try that again in a hurry. I haven't stopped laughing since I read your post :)

16. kuemper Gems: 31/31

As an update, Dala, Frienna, Shawdup and Shurka have been kidnapped by 3 of the teachers (Korden, Brega and Lavertym) and taken to another plane. This means the thieves, Greggor and the true Warwic are trapped in the cellar of the tavern. (Brega performed a stoneshape spell to seal them in.) The doppleganger Warwic disappeared to somewhere else.

I feel I am writing a series of cliffhangers. :lol: ;)

17. kuemper Gems: 31/31

The pouches each PC has contains around 5,000 gold pieces or a mix of platinum, gold, silver and copper.

I picked Ulgoth's Beard and BG as place settings since we're all familiar with them and know what stores have what for sale. :)

18. Scot

Wow, shopping spree time for Shawdup. I'm afraid he's going to get horribly ripped off with his first bartering experience.

19. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I think I'll step out of this RP, I got lost in it, and now don't know whats happening.. I have enough as it is. :)

20. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Same here... It's really just not interesting me anymore, and i'm WAY behind... Sorry...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.