1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Warwic OoC

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by kuemper, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Actually, those are very good for semi-DMing an RP like this one. You get the important parts of the story in and then let the characters react.

@EI & JJ:
    No worries. :) So long as we have Benan or someone else comes in with a rogue, we should be fine.

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Sorry El and Jigga are going, but I know how it is with RL and school. :( Thanks for playing.

3. Felinoid

Oh, I forgot to say that the hammer that Dala picked out is supposed to be the +1/+4 vs. giants one you get from the dwarf in the tavern after you beat Aec'Letec. But if that's too powerful, I'll settle for a regular +1. :)

4. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I'm happy and I think you're doing fine Momsie ;)

I agree with Fel as long as we have a rogue somewhere we'll be fine; although it's a shame about JJ and EI :wave:

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    After some PM with kuemper I've added a character to the character sheet thread.

How to get her into the party I have no idea. Any suggestions welcome.

This character is my favorite BG/BGII character.

6. DarkStrider

Hi Nakia :wave:

:hmm: :idea: I was probably going to have our guys waylaid by bandits on our way to Baldur's Gate, if you're a Guild Thief you could be after them for being non-guild and help us wipe them out. You could then join us back to BG and carry it from there.

7. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Thanks DarkStrider. That's a good idea. Gives me some background to work on but I'm still not sure about what level I should be. Don't think the guild would send out a beginner on this kind of job. On the other hand I don't want to be too much ahead of whatever level you guys are.

8. DarkStrider

Well we're about level 2 so perhaps the guild sent you out to scout it and report back, but you take the opportunity to help out as we seem to be winning and you'll get bigger kudos for reporting the end of the matter.

What I was thinking of was as we come up to some woods or hills my hawk familiar was going to spot them trying to ambush a merchant/traveller and we go in to rescue them and so on.

9. Felinoid

Well, perhaps they sent out a force of beginners to deal with the bandits, but underestimated them. The force wasn't large enough and most were slaughtered, leaving only one survivor to follow them and plot her revenge...or something like that. :D

10. Nakia

Media:
    Thanks, either idea is good. I'll see what kind of mood I'm in.

Warning! My character is charismatic and will seem nicer than she is.

11. DarkStrider

This is for Dala, Shawdup and Shurka once we wake up and leave Ulgoth's Beard we're going to come across a messenger being attacked by 3-4 bandits, and we'll try to take them out. My questions are this

1. Do we care what the messenger is carrying?
    2. If yes, kuemper (most likely) needs to let me know what and how it's going to fit in overall
    3. Nakia will probably join at this juncture so be prepared to react to her
    4. Should we look fro the Bandits hideaway and take it out for the treasure, experience ?

Does anybody have a better idea for this or will it be enough.

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31

/stuffs comic book under desk :o

Hmm? Yes? Oh, well the plot is to deal with the doppleganger (Shorme Shain) in BG whenever you get there. Simple, but how you get to the big city is totally up for grabs.

A free-form RP this is. ;)

13. DarkStrider

Brilliant non-answer :thumb: ok we'll wing it.

Does anybody know how long it takes from Ulgoth's Beard to BG?

14. Felinoid

16 hours to the gate. Only a one day trek.

15. DarkStrider

Should have just asked you in the first place :D

16. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Time for the weekly cliff-hanger. :thumb:

Watch it as the gnomes have smoke powder weapons (guns!). They are followers of Urdlen, the blind mole, who is CE. They won't hesistate to shoot people, but their main goal is robbery of the inn/tavern where you guys are staying. I would prefer to have the gnome gang run after a short burst of suppressive fire.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.