1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Warwic

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by kuemper, Nov 15, 2005.

1. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Leaving his chair, Rafael joined Kulgothrax by searching the shadows for the entrance the the mythical cellar.

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Shurka's beady eyes narrowed on what she thought she saw. Did that lady change her face? Looking at the others and realizing nobody else was saying a thing about it, she shrugged.

Lady Warwic darted her eyes at the children, wondering if any noticed the slip. As everyone was pouncing their way to the cellar, she sighed with relief.

Taking the list from Frienna, Warwic magiked the requested items to her side in a trice. "Here are your things," she reminded them and pointed to the items. "The door to the cellar is behind the bar in the floor. The dungeon entrance is hidden behind a rack of shelves on the opposite wall from the ladder." The smile on her lips was brittle and lacking warmth.

3. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

"well then" said Fienna "are some of you scouty types going to go first and see the lay of the land while the rest of us equip ourselves"

And then started to pick up the potion case and put the bottles of healing safely in..

4. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Shawdup picked up the long spear and pack, which he put the thieves kit and some rope in.

"Okay, I go first." He went behind the bar and pulled up the trap door, then lept down the hole.

5. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Dala glanced at Shawdup's instrument laying on the table and heaved an annoyed sigh. With her new helmet firmly ensconced around her whiskered head, she slung the too-tall shield over her shoulder and grabbed up the misplaced lute. Then she too vanished into the hole with a shout of: "Wait up a moment, ye lackwit; ye forgot yer pansy string-box!"

6. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Kael felt happy to be getting out of the villiage. He quietly stood, smiled and nodded to Miss Warwic and headed down to the dungeon.

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Shurka waited for the others go down, wanting to be last for some reason.

8. Benan Gems: 20/31

Catching up to Shawdup, Kael leaned close to the Half orc and whispered "Perhaps I should lead. I have experience scouting."

Moveing ahead, the young elf found rack of shelves quickly. Quickly scanning the door he found that it wasn't trapped but it did have a small lock. He was able to pop the lock in few seconds. Smileing he threw the lock to Shawdup who had arrived at the door.

9. DarkStrider

Feinna with a last glance over her shoulder at Shurka and Warwic "Coming Shurka ? It could be fun " then she followed the others smiling gently.

10. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"Sure, if you wants to lead, go ahead. I'll watch your back." Shawdup looked behind him at Dala, who was offering him his lute. "Oh, thanks, guess I forgot that. It could be useful too."

11. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

"I, too, am a master of the shadows, so perhaps having a partner take point with you wouldn't be so lonely?" Rafael suggested.

"Two scouts could be better than one..."

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31

As soon as all were in the cellar, Shurka climbed down and readied her club. You never knew what would be hiding in a dank, dark cellar - spiders, rats, gnomes. Her eyes quickly adjusted to the darker space and she breathed a sigh of relief at finding no gnomes.

13. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

"What're ye all standing and gawking about? Pfah, if none o' ye have the guts to explore, then I suppose I be doing it for ye." Dala stepped past the door and into the darkness, counting on her infravision to show her the way. The companions still in the cellar could hear almost continuous grumbling, with only an occasional "uneven floors; these weren't carved by dwarves, I can tell ye that much" or "blasted cobwebs" clearly audible. Then a slight click and a much clearer ringing sching! sound rang out from the tunnel and Dala ran bellowing back out the door.

"I don't know what that was, but...aah!" This last exclamation as she noticed the change in her shield. It had been sliced on both the top and the bottom, two sweeping strokes clear through the metal, and the upper and lower sections were now attached to the bigger middle part by only a couple threads of metal on each side.

Dala hesitantly pulled on the hanging pieces and they both fell to the floor with a clatter. Sizing up her slightly smaller, now rectangular shield, she grunted approvingly. "Ay, now that's a shield more befitting a dwarf! But one o' you others is going to have to go first instead. I'll nay be risking my neck against something that doesn't even shine with heat for me to see."

14. DarkStrider

"Dala are you alright there, no harm donr is there ?" Fienna enquired of her new friend, turning round she glared at Kael and Rafael "if you're going to scout could you start please, Dala could have been hurt here".

She then took a deep breath, smiled gently "This isn't a good start to what Miss Warwic was saying about co-operation is it ? I'm sorry if you guys can scout out a bit and let us know what to expect a bit more, we'd be grateful"

[ December 04, 2005, 03:13: Message edited by: DarkStrider ]

15. Benan Gems: 20/31

"Stubborn dwarves always charging in heedless. Fine we'll scout ahead." With words trailing off Kael started into the dark tunnel also relying on infravision. He stepped lightly and close to wall, hopefully avoiding other triggers. It didn't take him long to find where Dala had sprung the trap. There were grooves cut into the walls from the blades. He was unsure of how to eliminate the trap, so Kael waited for Rafeal to show up.

16. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Cayne woke up from his drunken sleep and looked around. A lot were gone. He glanced at Warwic and she (?) waved him down to the cellar.

When he got to the bottom, he looked forward to see the others there. He crept up behind one of them and whispered, "I'm Cayne, and it's nice to meet you." He silently walked by the others and started along the wall to Kael.

Once he reached him, he started, "Don't worry. I am not here to attack. I am a friend. Let me try to disarm these. OK?"

17. Benan Gems: 20/31

"They are beyond me. Can I watch and learn?" The young elf asked as he allowed Cayne to slip past.

18. DarkStrider

Fiennna as usual trying to be helpful "would you like some more light ? Just nod and I'll cast a light spell"

19. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"Of course." He trudged forward in the slightly damp corridor and found the mechanism. He jiggled and played here and there, the heard a click and it was disarmed. "Did you see that? That's how you disarm a trap successfully. Patience and perseverance are key."

20. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Shurka kept darting her eyes along the walls. She shook herself, deciding her nerves were from being around people who didn't want to beat her up. Well, except for the dwarf.

Sighing, she breathed deeply and caught the barest wiff of a strange odor. Curious, she wandered over to Shawdup and sniffed descretely. 'No, he smell like orc,' she thought. She bent down and snuffled around Dala's helm, thinking it might be dwarfness polluting the air.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.