1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Warwic

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by kuemper, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Shawdup turned to Shurka, who was standing close to him, "Smells like mugwumps down here, don't it?"

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

She frowned. "Maybe. Smell...not right here." She called out to the thieves, "Dere more traps?"

3. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Rafael slid through the corridor, his eyes looking for anything unusual.
    "I don't see any more traps, unless you guys do, lets move."

4. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

"Nothing that leaps out at me. But I'm not quite sure of what to look for yet." Kael said quietly. He was happy there were two other theives that he could learn from.

5. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

"Come on then if we're going to move let's get on with it" said Fienna "being careful is one thing, but not to the extent where one could die of boredom. There's the corridor Cayne, why don't you and Rafael scout the corridor take Kael with you; show him the ropes, and if things are ok he can run between us to let us know. Is everyone ok with that ?"

6. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"Watch out for mugwumps though. It smells like them, and those little buggers can hurt you with their darts, even if they are too small to be worth eating," Shawdup told the scouts.

7. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Cayne gestured for Rafael to go first and followed him into the corridor. There was a swinging trap ahead. He walked towards the trap and took out a small pouch. He pulled out a peculiar looking wire and pushed it slowly into the mechanism of the trap. There was a click, but it didn't disarm.

"Hey Rafael, I can't get this one. Do you wanna try?" he whispered.

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Warwic stood alone in the empty tavern, holding a hand out to her familiar. "Come down here, birdbrain," she grumbled. She sensed the bird wriggling deeper into the shadows of the ceiling. "There's no use hiding from me. You'll have to come out for food, so why not play nice and fly to me?"

Smiling slyly, she watched as the bird swooped down to her outstretched arm. A cry escaped her lips when talons scratched her pale skin. Angry, Warwic lashed out at her companion and heard a satisfying snap. The bird flipped in flight, skittering to the floor before regaining stability and soaring through the open door.

The black bird cawed frantically as each flap brought fresh pain from the wing break. It needed to find Breg. Where would that blasted dwarf be? Probably finding Greggor to play matchmaker. It glided on the air currents toward the fighting hall first. Breg would help, once she understood the bird wasn't just a magical creature and actually the true Warwic.

9. DarkStrider

Fienna turned to Dala and Shurka "Can you two keep a lookout behind us something doesn't feel right about this, and I think we should take as many precautions as we can. I think we should make sure nothing creeps up behind us ok ?"

Turning to Shawdup "We should be ready to lend aid in whichever direction we're needed hopefully not both at once, tell me about mugwumps ?"

10. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31

"Hmm... Not sure how to disarm this one, perhaps we can just set it off safely."
    With that, Rafael tied the swinging part of the trap (the only dangerous part) to a nearby crevice, and proceeded to set it off. The trap relied on gravity, but while the swinging blades were tied they couldn't do anything.

"Onward, if we encounter more traps and no monsters, i'm going to go insane. I want treasure."

11. Scot

"Mugwumps? They're little guys, usually shorter than your knee. And uglier even than me. But they don't have much meat on them. Just skin and bones, hardly worth it to even put them in the pot. They sometimes live in the little holes and cracks that caves have that are too small for us to go in and get them out of. Sometimes we get along with them, but if they steal too much of our food, we try to kill them, then they set traps and kill orcs who get caught alone. Nasty mugwumps." Shawdup gripped his spear a little harder and looked up and down, in front and behind him.

12. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Cayne whistled for the others to follow. He walked cautiously down the hall, ducking occasionally for bats and the like, but soon he came to a heavy wooden door.

"Shurka, Shawdup, you guys look strong enough. Who wants to break this door down?" He said with a hidden smile.

13. Scot

"Oh, Shurka, she lot stronger than me, I found that out already." Shawdup said. "You go 'head, Shurka. I'll stand behind you with my spear. But, Cayne, did you check for traps, or try to open the door normal like?"

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Shurka shrugged and shouldered her way to the front. She studied the door for a moment, then gave the wood the mighty boot. It splintered around the handle under the assault but didn't open. With a growl, she heaved through on a second kick and the door crashed open. Redness crept up her neck when she saw the lock remained in place.

15. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Cayne's mouth gaped open, "Uh, no I didn't check for traps.. he he.."

16. DarkStrider

"Nice work Shurka, you did that vey well" said Fienna "You guys want to check the room for traps then ?"

17. kuemper Gems: 31/31

"Sound good to me," Shurka grumbled and, with a peculiar halforc smile, shoved Cayne into the room.

18. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31

"Are you guys sure you just want to barge in like that?! There could be monsters or something..."
    With that, Rafael drew his rapier and slid through the door, keeping well to the shadows...

19. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

"Monsters are no match for Kulgothrax! Onwards!" cried the barbarian, as he leapt into the room after Cayne.

20. DarkStrider

Fienna muutered to herslef "Am I surrounded by idiots, surely anyone would check the room for traps and monsters first not charge in.... Oh well what the hey" She took up a position to onw side of the door so she could keep an eye on everyone else and an eye out for trouble.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.