1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Warwic

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by kuemper, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Shawdup spat out a hunk of phlegm that the gag had prevented him from getting rid of.

"Okay, that sounds good to me."

He was very used to being mis-used and then having to quickly forgive his abusers.

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

"Shorme Shain has been hiding in the school for a month, posing as Warwic mostly as far as we can tell," Lave explained and laced her fingers together. "We knew the shapeshifter was someone in the school. We just never could pinpoint who exactly. He kept...jumping bodies and his time in Warwic's form has given him all her knowledge and power, magical or otherwise. I can teleport you to Ulgoth's Beard, a small village a few days north of Baldur's Gate, but you'll have to find your own way into the city."

Raising a hand, she quickly forstalled the obvious question. "The three of us will be following, but it'll be a day later, two on the outside. The biggest tavern in Baldur's Gate is the Elfsong. More than likely, you'll run into it first thing when you enter the city. Wander around town. Get the lay of the land, but watch yourselves! Shorme Shain is looking for you and probably has friends in town."

Lave withdrew a series of jingling pouches from her belt and passed them out to the four students. "Coin that you will need to get more things, be they weapons or scrolls or potions. A good place for magic is Sorcerous Sundries, across the street from the Elfsong. I wish there was more time to explain and train you, but you're as ready as you'll ever be, I guess."

"Where you go?" Shurka demanded and snagged Lavertym's wrist in a firm grip.

With a hesistent chuckle, she answered, "Well, we um, kinda have to go save the bard from a cave in. Have fun in the city, kids." Quickly, she brought forth another shimmering gate and Korden and Brega acted as wranglers, herding the four into the portal.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Greggor cringed at the growling of the earth above and behind him. He crooned at the bird form of Warwic to ease her flustered panic. "Easy girl, it's all right," he whispered as he stroked her fluffed feathers. A half grin creased his face as he looked at the three students who had remained with him. "So, any of you know how to play canasta?"

3. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

The group came out of the portal and looked down at the village, amongst the houses there appeared to be an Inn and a store.

Fienna looked round at her friends and sighed "I'm sorry I lost my temper with you guys, but you have to admit that we aren't good ar working together or at following orders, but that's in the past now and we have to move on. This Shorme Shain wants my sword and I'm loathe to give it to him except in his gut and twist it, he deseves a slow death for what he's done

"What I propose we do is this, first we go down to the store and get some equipment for Shawdup, he needs a new spear at the least; also can you use a bow or sling Shawdup? I need to get myself a bow and some arrows. When we have to fight I suggest Shawdup and myself use arrows or missiles while Dala and Shurka get close to hand and fight, that will allow Shawdup and I to use Magic or Song as well.

"Once we're equipped a bit better then let's see if we can get a room or two and rest I don't know about you guys but I'm tired and could use some rest.

"Any comments, suggestions? Does someone else want to lead?"

4. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"Yeah, I need a new spear. More bolts for my crossbow too. And some healing potions would be nice for the next time I get hurt." Shawdup was a little confused at now being in a big city, but apparently that Lave person knew what was going on. "You did a good job yelling at us back there. I think you should continue. It's hard, being a good yeller."

5. DarkStrider

Fienna chuckled lightly "Yes it is hard Shawdup, let's get you bolts and stuff then, you coming girls ?" she directed at the other two.

6. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Dala growled. "I've had about enough of this portal business. A walk on good solid ground should do me some good, and we can't exactly have these two bumbling mongrels wandering about by themselves."

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31

"What's a mongrel?" Shurka asked, confused, and became the caboose in the train to the general store.

The town was larger than she'd been to ever and the people were giving her strange glances. She stepped faster, nearly clipping Dala's heels and muttering, "Cloaks. Get cloaks."

8. DarkStrider

Fienna was first into the store and saw the owners eyes light up at the prospect of dealing with the half-orcs, she strolled up to the owner and whispered in his ear "Make a profit yes, but rip my friends off too much and I'll burn the place down, Ok?"

The owner looked the human girl over and then noticed the blood spray that had matted her hair and had spotted robes, he gulped and nodded.

"Ok I'd like a good shortbow please, a couple of spare strings, some normal arrows, acid arrows, fire arrows 2 quivers of each, a hooded cloak, oiled if you have it, a bowcase, a plain baldric, and what scrolls do you have"

Fienna spent some time listing things she wanted to the shopkeeper and then started haggling over the price, eventually agreeing on one.

She picked up her new pack and bowcase and looking at the others she said "I'll organise a room at the Inn for us and then I'm going for a bath, I'll see you there. Dala try and keep them out of trouble." looking at the owner she said "Don't forget what I said" and she left.

9. Scot

"Oooo," Shawdup said, looking at the nice shiny weapons hanging on the racks and walls. "Wow," he said, looking at the instruments along another wall. "Maybe I'll keep my mother's lute though, and just get some weapons and things."

He was surprised that the store owner was extremely polite and helpful. He ended up getting a nice chain shirt, a magic short sword, magic light crossbow with some magic and some silver bolts, and magic long spear. He didn't have much money left in his bag afterwards, but he'd never owned such wonderful gear before.

"Thanks, mister," he said to the clerk.

"The pleasure's all mine," the man responded.

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Shurka browsed while the others were buying things. She picked out a pretty, greyish cloak with a hood to hide her face, some stronger, leather armor with metal bits in it and a really big shield.

She walked to the merchant and pointed to the things she wanted. The clerk got her requests, noticed the bedraggled club in the halforc's hands and asked, "Might I interest you in this magic club?" He pulled a two foot long, wooden staff from the case behind him. "It's very strong. Made from the finest oak trees on the Sword Coast."

Picking it up, she immediately felt how light it was. She gave it a couple of experimental swings, then handed it back. "Me buys, but it don't look like no club I seen," she informed the merchant.

The man sighed and gladly accepted the correct amount of gold to cover the costs.

11. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Dala glanced uninterestedly around the room. "Bah, a bunch of shoddy human...oh, my." Her gaze fixed un-erringly on the one piece of dwarven craftsmanship in the store, a beautifully crafted large warhammer just barely held on the wall by two frayed lengths of rope. Dala reverently took down the hammer and gazed at it as she held it in her hands. "Blessed by Moradin himself," she whispered.

The shopkeeper wandered over. "Ah, I see you've got your eye on--"

"Shut up and take it," Dala interrupted harshly, throwing her sack of coins at the shopkeeper without even raising her head.

Bewildered, he turned and walked back behind the counter, mumbling to himself. "Good riddance. I've spent nearly half of this just keeping that thing on display."

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31

"Where did they go?" Greggor asked stupidly.

"They left you halfwit!" Warwic, the blackbird, twittered. "You drove them away with your silly card games! I'm surprised you actually hold a valid membership in Doss collegium."

"I am a good bard, you know, Warwic," he retorted. He sighed in regret and rubbed his forehead. "I could use an ale about now."

She jabbed him in the hand with her beak. "And I could use my body now, too, but we don't always get what we want. Otiluke said that. At least, I think it was Otiluke."

He grabbed her beak and held it closed, listening. "The others are back." He smiled happily and leaned against the wall as the earth shifted again. "And it was your father who said it, not Otiluke."

The ground opened wide and sunlight banished the darkness. Korden's rough features gazed down at the bard and the bird. "Need a hand?" the fighter quipped, offering his long arm down the hole. Warwic flew skyward while Greggor climbed out.

Lavertym held out a covered forearm for Warwic to land. "My lady, good to see you hale and hearty."

"Where are the others? Are they hurt? Are they safe? What happened to that damn doppleganger with *my* body?" Warwic demanded, then suddenly dove to the ground and stabbed at a lazy beetle.

"The other students are fine," Lave replied. "I sent them ahead to Ulgoth's Beard with an explaination-" Brega snorted and Lave glared. "-most of an explaination of what was going on. The inevitable asked for their assistance in catching Shorme Shain. They're willing-"

"By the Luckmaiden, those kids were not 'willing' so much as 'not given a choice'," Brega argued, folding her arms across her breatplate. "Ye told them the basics, then gated them off to Ulgoth's as if ye were packin' potatos!"

Lave's cheeks burned with anger. "Oh pah-lease! Nothing happens in Ulgoth's! They're pefectly safe!"

"There was that time when the cult of Aec'Letec took over the village and the werewolves living near the docks," Greggor spouted off.

Brega nodded vigoriously and pointed at the bard. "See? Things do happen and we've got to get there quick. There's no tellin' what mischievious evil be stalkin' the four."

13. DarkStrider

Fienna came down to the bar after her bath and having changed her robes she felt almost normal again, her wet hair was in loose braid down her back and the hawk on her shoulder was playing with it. "Stop that" she admonished it.

As she approached the bar, the door opened and in walked her friends
    "Oh you're here already, come on we've got the loft to ourselves" turning to the barkeep she said "Can you send up some food for us please, some ale, dwarven mead and a bottle of wine as well"

She turned away and led the rest upstairs excaliming Oohs and Aahs in all the right places as they told her of their purchases, except for Dala who was still looking in a awestruck fashion at the hammer she carried. The loft when they reached comprised of a common area, 4 bedrooms and two bathing/cleaning areas. Soon the food and drink arrived and having sated themselves, they all went off to sleep; waiting to see what the dawn would bring.

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Shurka lay on her bed, her eyes rolling at each creak and squeak in the darkness. Her mind raced with five ideas - trees swaying to the wind; people walking downstairs; a horde of demonic, turnip-worshipping gnomes; or sneaky thieves.

15. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Hoping the bandits would lead her to their main camp Karina had been tracking them for days. As night fell they made camp and she settled into a tree as close as she dared get. If she ever expected to be truly accepted into the Thieves' Guild she needed some really good information to give them. This was her test.

16. kuemper Gems: 31/31

A few hours later, Shurka woke up to nasal snuffling from one of her roommates. Being as quiet as possible, she crept out of bed and tiptoed toward the only window.

Outside held darkness. The sun still slumbered below the horizon. Shurka stayed at the window until dawn, keeping watch for the devious devil gnomes that plagued her nightmares.

17. DarkStrider

Fienna woke up having heard something outside her room, rising she got dressed pulled her stuff together and moved out to the common room no-one was there yet, outside dawn was staining the sky in pastel colours. Stepping out of the loft she found a maid and ordered breakfast for them bread, cheese, fruit and clod meats; she went back in as the food was brought; sat down and waited for the others nibbling on some cheese.

18. Scot

Shawdup woke up. It was weird not to have someone kicking him to get up and sing the wake up song, in a way, he almost missed it. He decided to sing the wake up song, for old time sakes, and in case any one was still sleeping.

"Wake up! Stinky sleepers!
    Get up! Gnomes are creepers!
    Time to eat! Time to fight!
    Hello day, goodbye night!"

Several annoyed shouts came from other parts of the inn. It made him feel at home. Then he noticed some food someone had brought.

"Mmn! This is good. What we gonna do today?" he asked.

19. DarkStrider

Fienna chuckled at Shawdup's song and smilimg in his direction answered his question "Well as soon as everyone is up and ready we'll be travelling to Baldur's Gate I've asked around it should take us the better part of a day to get there, and then we'll go to the Elfsong and wait for everyone else."

20. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Shurka grabbed a chunk of bread and cheese, biting one then the other. This Baldur's Gate sounded like a town and she was thankful at having a hooded cloak.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.