1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What are you afraid of/hate ?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Bahir the Red, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Let me see... :hmm:

For hate, there are bugs. All bugs. Especially mosquitoes, and moreso, flies, because they just fly and buzz and don't stay still long enough to die. (Spiders I tolerate though. They kill the bugs.)

Hate is to strong of word to use for people. Dislike will do. I dislike it when people litter. People throw stuff out the window, into the rivers, and I get upset with them. My friend and I recently pulled a couch out of a river. I mean seriously, a couch? :toofar:

Rape, abuse, violence, ect. all fall in the top ten of things I hate. :flaming: :flaming:

For fear, I have a small fear of heights that applies mostly to anything straight up, such as a ladder, but not for things such as balconies, or planes, ect. (As my uncle says, I am not afraid of falling. Its that sudden stop at the bottem that I'm afraid of. :D )

Claustrophobia used to be a problem, but now I'm either to big to go anywheres where I will be contained, or to big to worry about not getting out.

I am also afraid that someone is dreaming all of our lives right now, and one day he is just going to wake up and poof, we will all dissapear. (Okay, that one was filled with more bullsh*t then a Big Mac :p )

2. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    It's nog that I'm afraid, but I do become uneasy when things occur that might change or complicate my otherwise fairly simple life. Among these are falling in love, falling out with someone, leaving for vacation in a foreign country. They always pair up with the element of uncertainty. I'm not a big fan of uncertainty and doubt. It eats me up inside.

3. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I get this strange feeling when i'm somewhere high up and a big fall in front of me. Some of it is fear, naturaly, but there's also factination and interest. Most likely even more sensations, those three are main though.
    AFAIK there arent any other things i'm afraid of. Recently i'm not afraid of being hurt either anymore. Of course i dislike the pain, but really, so what if i get hurt? *shrugs*

I hate (dislike is more like it by now) civilisation as it is now. The whole modern way of living and capitalism in the stage it's in right now. It just plainly sucks to my mind and certainly isnt worth living like that. I know i wont, no matter what the future holds. I'm 17 anyway, still got time to think about it.
    Oh, crowds. Meeting a single people head on is generaly nice. Meeting a group of people isnt. Or being in a overpopulated area. Especialy living in one, i'd go nuts if i had to live in the city, having to bear besides people all the time. That's why i like it where i live, not many people arond, but plenty of forests :rolling: :)

4. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I hate people that "feel wrong". My instinct tends to be very accurate and my employment has me around a lot of people.

I have an irrational fear of my basement at night. I would never be caught down there in the dark with the light off.

I'm also really really afraid of country music.

5. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    I'm afraid of snakes. I can't stand them. At all. On top of that, I read a story, not long ago, about a guy who was sleeping in a tent in a jungle. And the guy woke up in the middle of the night, feeling a rattle snake going up his leg. The snake went and curled up on the guy stomach. :(

I'm also afraid of heights. But I can control it. But you wont catch me on top of a ladder. ;)

And I don't know if I'm claustrophobic or not. I'm not scared about the size of closed spaces, but if I don't have enough space to move my arm, legs and body at will, I'm going to panic. It happened once when my hands were tied behind my back, so I don't think it's claustrophobia...

About the things I don't like, well, let's just say there are many things that annoy me. There's people who really need driving lessons, people that walk in zig-zags and you're trying your best to avoid them, but they always find a way to nevertheless bump into you, people who take three hours to order something in a fast food "restaurant", people who only search for their bus tickets or theater tickets, etc, when they're supposed to be giving it and thus slowing everybody behind them, people who think they're really funny but aren't, people who are mean to others, people who don't care about the enviroment, etc...

But otherwise, I'm quite a nice guy... :D

6. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Dark Haired Goddess: no I don't.
    I control this urge, but it's there. and it's strong.
    I have this general thing against dogs, bugs and small mouselike animals that would itch of they walked over you, but I violently hate small doggies (not puppies of big dogs, just small doggies) - the way they're always agitated and barking and generally acting like they wish they could have you for dinner really makes me angry.
    For the record - I have not ever actually acted on my distaste for little doggies.
    I like spiders 'cause they eat bugs and don't make annoying sounds.
    I also like cats because ... well just because.
    In addition, I have a distaste for change, of any kind, that wasn't carefully drawn up by me, or discussed and approved by me every step.
    :borg:

7. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I don't think I'm scared of anything, so I guess I'm alright there.

I hate many things and they are often associated to people and their actions/personalities. At the moment I have a special hate for people who get angry when you question them or tell them that they are wrong, especially when they 'ARE' wrong about something.

People who insult others for no reason. Got to hate them. Oh, and bastards who try to walk onto or into a place (bus, lift, train) before letting other people out first.

8. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Egoistic people. Of any possible kind:
    Not offering your seat to someone who needs it (Old people, immobile etc)
    People who try to get a discount for any stupid reason.
    Most of all: men with a lack of respect for females and the female body.

9. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    So we'll never here Nuhn burst out in a "Check out the rack on that one!"? ;)

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Spiders. And I've thought long and hard about why. I came to the conclusion that it must be because they can so easily sneak up on your without noticing. Crawl over you when you're sleeping, or into your nose or ear. Ugh, better stop this train of throught.

I can control my fear of heights up to a point, but it still makes me feel uncomfortable. I've had to learn to bear it when I had to climb those ladder things to the top of the gym (and then wriggle through and back down) in elementary school. I don't think I've been more scared in my life than then.

11. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I don't really fear anything. Well lightning now, but thats because last week I was standing 10 feet away from a guy swinging a golf club who was hit by lightning, and it threw me like 10 feet away from him, and left me laying on ground, and feeling like I had a concussion for a week.

I hate a few things, but it's not really hate, more a massive dislike. Like Reality TV.

12. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I am really nervous around heights.

I don't like being alone for extended periods of time and I don't like being in huge crowds for extended periods.

13. Fiatil Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I'm afraid of heights and spiders. Not really afraid of riding on a commercial airplane, but general heights freak me out. Glider planes too, I rode in one once...scared the hell out of me. I hate most insects, flys and the like, they're just annoying.

14. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Needles and cockroaches are my phobias.

As for hate, it takes too much energy to maintain. So I can't say I really hate anything or anyone.

15. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Betrayal and rape are high on my dislike list. Domestic violence (beating your partner etc) is also ranking high

16. Gehn Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Liars, I HATE liars! I can always tell a lie when I hear it, and then I say to the person who uttered it "I hate liars! You should know that."

I also HATE flying ants. They are just starting their usual summer gathering over here. The air becomes thick with them, and they always just fly onto you then just sit there, doing nothing. That's what gets me. They fly about when it's REALLY hot and agitate people even more than the unbearable humidity I get over here; flying into faces, mouths, eyes, any place where you don't want some freaky, black, winged insect to find it's way in. But for what reason? No reason that I can see. They don't appear to land on me or any other human, to in some way feed off us or to get a sense of protection. They don't go out and gather food for thier queen (like proper respectable ants!) at least I have never seen them doing it. What they do do however, is just sit and VEGITATE on me and my fellow human beings! Getting into our clothes, and before mentioned places, occaisionally buzzing their wings, a horrible, evil insect sound I might add, alerting you to their presence on your personage, and then you have jump about like some idiot whose flipping out, just to shake the sticky buggers off you! Man, I HATE flying ants :mad: And Liars...I bet flying ants lie...all the time...

17. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Bugs! All kinds of bugs and pests. I hate them. :sick:
    Creepy, crawling, slithering, hopping, flying, oozing, sticky, squishy, hiding in holes, slipping through cracks, falling from the ceiling, gathering around the lights, landing on your face when you try to sleep, in general doing anything at all. This includes anything which should be less than 6" long in nature. If such a creature grew any larger, I'd probably run away screaming.

I also hate the current socio-political environment in my country. Matters have gone so bad that an average urban male who does not belong to any protected group has little chance of getting a place or position he is actually qualified for. This at a time when there are more than a few government jobs or college seats lying vacant. And when someone starts a public discussion on this subject, he or she is met by a shrill narrow-visioned crowd of stasists who dont want anything to change and have only one argument. That I or my kind have repressed those who need to be protected for a thousand years and this is only justice for my past crimes.
    I mean WTF!?! I wasnt even born then *******!

18. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I'm afraid of getting some sort of disability or disease where my mind stays alert but my body doesn't and everybody thinks I'm a vegetable because I can't communicate any more but inside I'm not. That would be the worst thing.

19. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Thankfully Harbourboy I have already solved that problem should that situation come to pass. Doctor is ordered to pull my plug. I'm not going to be a liability of society.

20. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

When i was 5/6/7 a huge butterfly was trapped under a door. i laid there and look at that disgusting butterfly for a long time. The next thing i remembered, i am afraid of butterfies. Just looking at them from a distance makes me vomit not to mention touching them. Add this under the "childhood experience hunts you forever" file.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.