1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What I Like About Christmas

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Harbourboy, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Presents. Although there are less and less each year and the quality also seems to be slipping :/

The distant relatives (very very few) that I actually enjoy hanging with and only hang with at these clan-christmas parties.

Vacation.

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I'm still crossing my fingers that Santa is going to leave me Neverwinter Nights 2 under the tree. Only 3 days to go.

3. nunsbane

nunsbane

It's the only family gathering of the year during which I don't get the feeling that everyone doesn't have somewhere else they would rather be.

'A Christmas Story'...gotta love it.

Excellent food...the likes of which a bachelor like myself rarely enjoys.

My young nephews opening gifts.

Time off...a day with *nothing* pending is very restorative.

'The truce'(well put, Dendri). The whole world seems to observe it.

4. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I really like our christmas tree. It has a nice rhythm and charm. I like the way christmas trees are always a little different each year. There is always something special or unique about the way it appears.

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Our Christmas tree is exactly the same each year.

6. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Broke off for Christmas yesterday.

Got drunk last night. OMG Stonking hangover. Somebody kill me please. Told this lass from work last night what I thought about her and got politely rebuffed. Ah well, **** her plenty more where she came from. Bring on more beer!... actually, bad idea :sick:

7. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I like to cook the christmas food. This year I'll get to do just that! Yay!

I like the presents. Who wouldn't?

I actually like christmas shopping. It is a good excuse to get gifts for the whole family. What I don't like is that you're expected to do so, and all the commercials. I'm of two minds about this, I know...

And family get-togethers are always fun, even if they're a major pain in the hiney. But still...I'm getting on a christmas spirit after all... :D

8. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    How can that be? Our is always different, since my mother makes new homemade decoration each year.

9. Harbourboy

Because we have the same tree and the same decorations every year. I guess it would be slightly different, as we don't put the decorations on exactly the same spot each time.

10. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    You should have your little boy make you a new decoration each year HB. 2 years ago my son painted a figurine of a mouse in a sock with the colours of his hamster and we put the name of his hamster on the back of the figure. The colours were all messy and he was just learning how to paint but it is now a very nice reminder of my son through the passing years and of his little pet who died last summer.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.