1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What lyrics could be your 'device'?

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Master of Nuhn, Apr 13, 2006.

1. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Metallica - FiXXXer

So tell me
    Can you heal what father's done?
    Or fix this hole in mother's son?
    Can you heal the broken worlds within?
    Can you strip away so we may start again?
    Yeah, tell me, can you heal what father's done?
    Or cut this rope and let us run?
    Just when all seems fine and I'm pain free
    You jab another pin
    Jab another pin in me

2. lizardpudding Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Most of the time I feel like Nine Inch Nails "Closer" should be playing. :)

3. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

:lol: Great tune, that. Heresy and Hurt are the other two stand-out tracks off the album, Heresy probably being my fave. Closer I've heard played a lot on MTV 2, back in the day. The video's pretty darned out there, too. But a worthy 'device' if ever there was one (and I'm honestly not quite sure what MoN means by that... but never mind! :shake: ).

4. lizardpudding Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Heresy is a big goodie, too true!

Also, Pulp's "Dishes"

Deep and tasty :)

5. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

"Beneath the sun in the summer seeing flowers won't bloom without the rain."

High Life-Counting Crows

Helps me remember that hardships and tribulations are required for the seeds of beauty to grow, that life without pain is life without beauty. And that I'm a pathetic romantic sap who thinks suffering is a prerequiste for epic.

"You're a hard one one, but I know that you got your reasons. These things that are pleasing you can hurt you somehow... ...It seems to me some fine things have been laid upon your table, but you only want the things you can't get. Desperado, you ain't getting any younger, your pain and your hunger, they're driving you home and freedom, oh freedom, that's just some people talking, your prison is walking through this world all alone."

Desperado-Eagles

That's right, I won't let somebody love me before it's too late.

6. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Basically, this represents my hatred for my enemies, and my loyalty and love for my friends:

For my enemies I have nothing to give but hate,
    For those who doubted me you're my enemies just the same,
    For those who gave respect my respect to you is paid,
    But for you my friends that bled by my side,
    I give more than blood for you:
    I'd give my life

Its called Give My Life, by Throwdown.

7. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

A phrase by Guns 'N Roses, Night Train...
    "Ready to crash and burn, I never learn"
    :p
    :borg:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.