1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which book are you reading currently? #4

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Taluntain, Oct 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The Willow Files. Picked it up for fifty cents at the library the other day. Not too great; just rehashing the episodes. :bad:

2. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Being inspired by a thread here I will read all my Asterix&Oblelix comics right now :D

3. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell

Great book

4. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I finished The Spirit Ring today, it was not Bujold's best work but it was still quite good.

I have started on Black Griffon by Mercedes Lackey and Larry Dixon. I have been putting off reading this series because I had a feeling that I wouldn't like it, and so far it is living down to my expectations. Lackey is much better at smaller scale stories, when she wanders into larger epic fantasy stories they just don't seem to work.

5. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Alice's Adventure's in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. (For a related text :rolleyes: )

6. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Dreams of Stardust - Lynn Kurland. ALthough it is extremely uncharacteristic of me to read a romance (blah) my mother told me this one was actually pretty good and it has time travel and ghosts in it. Being as my mother usually doesn't read romance either I took her word for it and I'm actually enjoying the novel.

7. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Tad Williams - Shadowmarch, Book I. So far it's pretty good.

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

just finished Tyrant by Valerio Massimo Manfredi. I liked it more than Spartan, his other book. It was actually very good. You see the transition from nice guy to ******* and all the reasons for it, kinda like a well-done version of what happened to Cyric in the FR Avatar Trilogy. Going to do some light reading and go through a cheap copy of Silver Shadows by Elaine Cunningham that I picked up.

@Chandos

could you let me know how it turns out? maybe a review? :D I've been thinking aobut getting it and your vote will swing it to either yea or nay :)

9. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Enagonios - Will do, and if it is better than average, I will post a review. So far I really like it, but I just got started on it and it is quite long.

10. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I finished Black Griffon during my lunch break - I was actually very pleasantly surprised as it was actually quite good. There was just enough of the epic story to serve as a background while most of the story focused on the main characters' lives. :thumb:

I am moving on to The White Gryphon (book 2). Given that Black Gryphon covered the events that I had though would take up the entire series I am really not sure where the plot is going to go in books two and three. I guess I will just have to read them and find out.

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31

T. Ernesto Bethancourt's Doris Fein: Superspy.

12. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I recently finished Reading in the Dark by Seamus Deane and thought it was good. :)

13. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Book #11 of the Wheel of Time: Dagger of Dreams. Has been more interesting than the last two books too, during the two chapters I have managed to read.

14. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Jussi Viitala - Vapaasta tahdosta, käyttäytymisen evolutiivinen perusta

This translates to: Jussi Viitala - Of the Free Will, the evolutionary basis of behaviour

A collection of stories illustrating the evolution of behaviour in animals, including humans as well.

15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Am reading Dances with Wolves by Michael Blake right now

16. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Just got my grubby little hands on No Plot? NO Problem! By Chris Baty. Should be,.. interesting :D

17. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    I'm up to "The Horse and his Boy" in the Narnia series (I think thats its title). I'm rather enjoying it, granted its written for a much younger audience, but I still enjoy it. Its the sort of book I'd read to my kid if I had one...damn I think I just decided I want a kid, just so I can read to them, thats scary...

18. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    :yot: Kids are also good to have around for an excuse to buy lots of leggo.

The book I am currently reading is "The Witches of Eastwick" by John Updike. This is the edition that came out before the movie.

19. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Ah, just finished re-reading "Storm of Swords 2: Blood and Gold" by George R. R. Martin. Brilliant.

Now I can start the next book in the series, "A Feast for Crows". :)

20. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Started to read "Narnia Chronicles" first time from 10 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.