1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which book are you reading currently? #4

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Taluntain, Oct 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Gates of Paradise - V.C Andrews. I swore to myself I'd stop reading her books but I can't help it. I need to know what happens.

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The depressingness of The Farseer Trilogy is one of its best elements IMO :)

Anyway, finished Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman - and it was funky. Now I'm once again lacking for reading material.

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Have never played the Myst games, but I was in a used-book sale earlier and picked up a copy of Myst: The book of Atrus and Myst: The book of Ti'ana. I'm reading the former right now, pretty good stuff...

4. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Don't know if it counts as a book, but currently reading Masamune Shirow's Ghost in the Shell. Excellent stuff, VERY witty in parts.

@Enagonios: Atrus is pretty good. Tiana's less so, IMO. There story's idea is pretty good, but I always felt neither book really took advantage of the material at hand. There's a third book in the series (The Book of D'ni) but I've never read it.

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Yeah, I saw the the 3rd book in the bookstore and I'm planning to pick it up this weekend

6. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I finished Silver Gryphon waiting for my flight home - it was good - better than White Gryphon but not quite as good as Black Gryphon.

I have started The War of the Flowers by Tad Williams. So far I am a little bored but the story has barely started yet.

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31

With This Ring - Amanda Quick

Gotta read something while waiting for cookies to bake.

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

War of the Flowers is pretty good imo, it does start slow but it gets better.

now that i'm finally free I can continue reading Myst: The Book of Atrus

9. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

War of the Spider Queen -- Dissolution

So far, I am enjoying myself. But do the drow freak me out. It's waiding through a sea of blood and murder, I say. Ever deeper, ever farther we go.

:aww:

Cant wait to learn what the Mother of Lusts is up to. And whether the drow pantheon will attempt to take advantage of it all...

10. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    What comes after the "Dark Elf Trilogy" for Drizzt? I just finished Jordan's Knife of Dreams and I'm looking for something new to read...Any suggestions?

When I read for fun I usually stick to fantasy and sci-fi, but I also like reading history.

11. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

After Dark Elf comes The Icewind Dale Trilogy

Not reading anything at the moment - but after Christmas I don't think I'll be lacking for reading material for quite a while...

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  13. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    Thanks, Tal - You've added so much to the site, I sometimes forget how huge it is...I mean, there's a front page??!?! ;) :p

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    That excuse is 6 years old now, you know... :p

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I'm about halfway through "A Feast for Crows' by George R. R. Martin. Not much has happened, to be honest, but it's still great reading so far.

16. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    Taluntain wrote:
    You of all people should know: Never mess with the classics!

:grin: :spin: :roll: :banana: :outta:

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

just finished the Book of Atrus, good stuff. Going to start on the Book of Ti'ana now.

18. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm about 3/4's through Assassins Quest, I've just put it down as my eyes have gone funny from too much reading! Jeez, this is a mammoth book. Brilliant though, absolutely brilliant. I'm really getting into the nitty of it now, it's unfolding. I can see that Fitz is going to meet some sad end and Molly and Burrich are going to get it on. Unless Hobbs is luring me into thinking that before swinging in the twist at the end! Can't get enough of this. Hobb is my favourite author by a massive amount. I'll be getting her full works for sure.

19. Melhisedek Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

Well finally I've read all the 4 threads on "currently reading books".

Made a very, very long list and started reading Eriksons malazan series first book "Gardens of the Moon"
    Damn this thing is good :p

What worries me though is that someone said that after Erikson everything seems bland :( So should I continue with some lighter reading and leave Erikson for later or just binge right from the start :p

So far I've read
    Tolkien works, WoT, Eddings stuff and Harry Potter books.

20. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Erikson is certainly up there as providing some of the richest fantasy writing around at the moment, so most others will seem less 'complex' I guess but don't let that stop you.

I reckon if you stick to reading Robin Hobb, Steven Erikson, and George R. R. Martin then you are covering the 3 best fantasy writers around right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.