1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Words of Wisdom

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Avooch Dar, Aug 18, 2001.

1. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

That may be all too true but i wouldent know

We live we die but in the end it is how people will remember us that matters

2. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Hehehe that one is cool :)

I created this piece of wisdom when I stopped smoking:

Non-smokers live longer unhealthy :)

3. Sol'Kanar Guest

Hmm....words of wisdom?
    Never pet a burning dog.

4. Avooch Dar Guest

New thought:

Never try and make a horse stand in a bucket of water.

Don't understand??? look to the "doh post"

5. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Words of wisdom? You want someting short and powerfull? not just things that pops up or some accidential spamming? Okey. I'll try.
    "English Saying":

The wise man learns from others' mistakes. The stupid man learns from his own

True or not It has made me more conscious than any other saying.

6. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

"The law is good, then. The trouble is not with the law but with me, because I am sold into slavery, with sin as my master.

I don't understand myself at all, for I really want to do what is right, but I don't do it. Instead, I do the very thing I hate. I know perfectly well that what I am doing is wrong, and my bad conscience shows that I agree that the law is good. But I can't help myself, because it is sin inside me that makes me do these evil things.

I know I am rotten through and through so far as my old sinful nature is concerned. No matter which way I turn, I can't make myself do right. I want to, but I can't. When I want to do good, I don't. And when I try not to do wrong, I do it anyway. But if I am doing what I don't want to do, I am not really the one doing it; the sin within me is doing it. It seems to be a fact of life that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong.

I love God's law with all my heart. But there is another law at work within me that is at war with my mind. This law wins the fight and makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me. Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin? Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God's law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin."

That's from a letter written by Paul of Tarsis. Read it carefully. Its is my life's story and the only real wisdom I am clinging to today.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.