1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

World Trade Center

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Mathetais, Sep 11, 2001.

1. PowerPuff Guest

This is insane. I feel sick.
    My condolences, support and sympathies to the American people and humanity in general...

2. Silverblade Guest

This is absolutely terrible indeed, what human can possibly kill so many others. They must be insane (in a way that they did know what they were doing and not the kind of insane that they did not knew what they were doing, sorry Gopher I didn't know another English word to discribe it). This is just terrible. Let's just hope that not another crazy man highjacks a plane and does this again and causes even more people to suffer.

[This message has been edited by Silverblade (edited September 11, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Silverblade (edited September 12, 2001).]

3. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

"In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb" , "The third big war will begin when the big city is burning" - Nostradamus 1654

Contemplate on this and remember the man foresaw the first two world wars. I'm sure it will cheer you up.

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I won't post much, I said what I have in another post and in the chatroom.

Only reason I'm posting is that I can assure you that Nostradamus' quotes are mostly falsified and altered. Most of genuine ones he wrote under drugs. And they are so general that can always be misinterpreted and manipulated.

No, there won't be 3rd world war just because Nostradamus said so.
    Peace to you all.

5. Pretend Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

That is not Nostradamus's quote.

His poetic yet cryptic quatrains are claimed by some to conceal information about future events. He completed a total of 942 quatrains which he organized into Centuries - groups of 100 quatrains (one Century only had 42 quatrains).
    The quatrains are obscure enough that they can be interpreted to predict any occurrence.

6. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

[​IMG] I think this is the most disgusting way of warfare... killing civilians *shudders*.

"Eye for an eye only leads to more blindness," but this speaks true in my mind though many disagrees.

it's situations like this and how we react upon them, that truly reflect who we are.

7. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Can anyone fill me in on something?
    How come journalists were there before this happened? Was it just luck? I don't think so. I am almost sure someone tipped them...

And another thing - how come everyone want to punish the country responsible sevearly??? Punishing Germany severly after WW1 was what led to the second one. First I don't think that it would ever be discovered which country supported it, but even if it did I don't think the whole country should be punished (what do the civilians of the country had to do with it?)...

Very well said Xenecor... Being against a county's policy is not a reason for killing civilian people. No one does that unless he is mad. I think there are other reasons for those attacks...
    And I am sure it wasn't just some crazy terrorist group. Too organized. Too expensive.

Lokken, if you havn't noticed that happens in most wars. The sad thing is that civillians probably suffer more than the military. Think of Kosovo. Civilian cities were bombed for no reason. No one gived a damn.

Sorry for the long reply... English is not my first language, I'm tired and can't think propely right now...
    Damn I don't even know why I'm writing this.

edit> After some thinking I thought that this was the biggest tragedy of all times... There have not been any even back in history with so many casulties over so little time. The casulties of Chernobil and Heroshima (sp?) were over a large period of time. If I am missing something correct me (I'm sure you will). Again I am probably missing something obvious but for my excuese read a bit above...

[This message has been edited by Vicsun (edited September 11, 2001).]

8. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

The worst thing about this it can't be some terrorist gang - imaine all the information blockade that had to be done!

The biggest part of the work of different secret services is to predict and prevent such acts. In order to pull that off, HUGE sums of money and HUGE organization had to be used.

I repeat, this can't be an ordinary terrorist gang.

The worst thing that now can happen is: IF - and I say IF - US will not be able to find out who is responsible, the gov't might "appoint" the responsible and take action against it - to persuade the public that something has been done.

Let's pray that that kind of thing will not happen, because it could be the world's nightmare.

9. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] A small word to say this was terrible, and that there's just too much stuff like this the world over, the fact it was the heart of america is surprising and the methods were just plain shocking.

To further the Nostradamus part, i remember reading somewhere that a translation of one passage did indeed foretell a 3rd world war that would devastate the world. It was going to happen in the month of september and around this year. The source i believe was going to be from the eastern sands, and given that in that area of the world there's so many suicide attacks it does make you think.

10. Vicsun Gems: 9/31

Modjahed: I fear this might happen. Propaganda is a bad thing which is used far too much. Right now people are out for blood. They would believe anything that is said to them right now. Let's just hope noone will be "appointed" for it...

Vermillion: Sorry I just don't seem to believe in predictions. I don't think this can caouse a World War. Other World Wars had both reasons and caouses. (Example: WWI - Reason: germany needs new markets. Caouse (I.E. excuese) the murder of the austro-ungarian prince). So far we have seen the cause. But I can't think of an actuall reason.

11. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] I offer all my sympathies to the victims and the whole country of the US. Today i am really ashamed to be a human. How can it be that a mind is so insane to plan such a deed?

/me returns in helplessness and wordless wrath to the TV

12. Vicsun Gems: 9/31

Why does the word "humanity" start with "human"? Humans do not have Humanity.

13. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Because the muslim world consider USA to be the great Satan (Satan = evil beings).

Fanatics would consider the highjackers saints for this horrific(from our point of view) deed.

They do it because they think it's for the good of the world.

14. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I think what happened was terrible.

But if you ask me WHY it has been done, I would say: nothing in the world goes unpunished. Maybe the punishment is far too severe, and all my condolences go to the innocent victims.

But what happened is something you can expect, when you live in a double standard world. I'll explain myself:

Yugoslavia has been bombed. For what? US and NATO didn't like its President.

Iraq was assaulted by Tomahawks(sp?), and not all of them hit their targets. When a nation like the US makes itself a judge for the world, THIS is the kind of response you will get.

America sells weapons - knowing that it will be used for murder - but it is money noone wants to lose.

When American boys shot each other in High School - noone thinks of stopping to sell weapons freely - it is MONEY.

A political formation that is motioned and motivated by MONEY, and also assuming the unjustified role in the world is not doing too good.

Hope I didn't insult anyone here.

15. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Thanks for everyone's thoughts. Keep praying!

16. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

you're stating a lot of facts, but perhaps generalizing a bit too much.

There are many in the US who doesn't want it to be legal to buy weapons, and I agree, what reason do you possibly have to find a need in owning a gun?

But still you're right, money talks more heavily and sweetly in the ears of those who really have something to say.

And we still don't know who is behind this, so it's to early to assume any kind of retaliation in a sence of nothing go unpunished I think.

17. Gopher thighs Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Silverblade, I don't think "insane" is necessarily the right word - insanity implies to my mind anyway that someone doesn't know what they are doing - these guys I think knew exactly what they were doing, which makes it worse than insane.

18. OMG!!!!! Ok I just got to Dudette's house. watched the 25 out of 29 channels of news on TV for 5 minutes, then came here!!!! This is scary!!! 250 planes from the USA landed in Canada, parliment building got closed, US Embasy closed and evacuated, all airports closed.All flights delayed until further notice, CN Tower closed and evacuated an entired block around it too, internet jammed from news web-sites. All blood donations welcome and have a great day.

P.S. 2 planes had 156 ppl and 2 other 110 ppl.

[This message has been edited by Shadow_Goddess (edited September 11, 2001).]

19. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

[​IMG] OK WTF
    Yes this loss of life is an absolute tradgedy but what the hell were we expecting? We've been building to such a catastrophe for 40 years now after middle-eastern blunder after blunder from isreal to iraq to iran. We brought this upon ourselves.
    I feel sick. :mad: :mad:

20. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

As for starting the third World War, tensions in the Middle East are plenty high enough for that to happen, particularly in light of the recent UN conference on racism. Palestine and Israel WILL go to war with each other sooner or later, and it'll hardly surprise me if everyone else decides to pick sides. It seems plain that the US already has, and it's entirely possible that this attack is the result of a similar Arab conclusion.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.