1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Worst Bands?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Ancalìmon, Feb 28, 2003.

1. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Slipknot
    Christina Aguilera
    Ashanti
    Puff Daddy
    Jennifer Lopez
    Cheeky Girls
    DJ Otzi
    Justin Timberlake
    Ms Dynamite
    Wu Tang Clan
    Rolling Stones
    Run DMC
    I could be here forever...........

2. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Amazing. Slipknot got put on this list. For some reason, I see a big, heated argument coming on. :p

Now I wonder what would happen if I said System of a Down and KoRn.
    (Funny how "popular" music gets bashed, but "alternative" music doesn't.)

3. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    OK, C'Jakob, I'll throw out one that could be considered heresy by many - I HATE The Doors. I dislike their stuff to the point that I'll change the radio station when I hear them - I'd even rather listen to Rush Limbaugh!

Other than that, it's mostly genres that I don't care for. But as far as a band in a genre that I DO like, The Doors is at the top of my list.

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I don't think Britney, Christina, NSYNC, and other groups like that count since they arn't reall a band. A band is a group of people who play instruments, write their own songs, and don't sell out to Pepsi or Coke.

"Real" bands that I hate are:
    Papa Roach - I think their song "Loser" speaks for itself!

Kid Rock - He's a disgrace to the name Rock

I have a bunch more, but I usually remember them when I'm at a music store. :rolling:

5. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

@ Shell: you like both Slipknot and christina Aguilera? :mommy:

6. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    noooo you chicken-brained excuse of a retarded amoeba (is property of Arabwel, All rights reserved) it´s the list of BAD bands

:p

7. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Ivanji said it. A band needs instruments, song writers (preferably the artists) and something called TALENT. If they have none of these things, they suck. I really hate manufactured bands, and ones that steal other peoples songs and suddenly make them a disgrace :cough:Gareth gates:cough: (I hate that little prick)

8. Ex-Paladine Banned

Backstreet boys

9. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I realize that Boz2Men may not have been manufacured to the degree that others were, but they were still annoying as hell and I stand by my derision of their lousy music. I also forgot to include Rupert Holmes(?) the singer of the "Pina Colada Song". And in a move that is sure to get me roasted, I also include any of those grundge / alternative / punk screamer bands, the ones I can't even name because as soon as I hear them screaming I switch the station to something useful. I realize that some people love that stuff, and that's the joy of a free society, but I, to rob Rallymama's phrase, would rather listen to Rush Limbaugh than to the screaming.

10. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I rather like Cheeky girls, they are cute. ;)
    I have a weak spot for those one hit wonders with inane songs like Los Ketchup, Bailando, the ones the made Macarena and so on. Not something I would download or buy but when it is on TV or the radio I find it quite amusing. What really annoyes me are all the artificial syntethic bands out there that try to give the impression of not being that for example Linkin Park and Slipknot. Just as much MTV products as Britney or N'Sync except that they pretend not to be.

11. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I think maybe Ivanji you are a little too demanding. I don't see movie actors directing, writing and composing the scores for all their pieces. If a person can sing, they have talent. If the person's voice is edited to amke them sound like they can sing, then they should die.

I hate
    Blazing Squad
    Slipknot

and believe it or not, both these 'bands' push music to such a level of idiocy that it is hard to tell them apart.

12. aegron Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Any group or band that doesn't take the trouble making up their own songs! Whenever I hear an RMB song even remotely worth the while I find out sooner or later it is a cover and always (YES always) the original is way way better. The only songs allowed to be covered are Dylan's and even then NOT in an RMB jacket!

13. Istari of Thay Banned

This is the bands I hate: (obvious)

A1
    Backf***** Boys
    West(no)life
    Michal Jackson
    Marilyn Manson (Yuk)
    Britney Spears
    Christina Aguilera
    Linkin Park (Copying my favorite band,
    will you? I think not!)

Ahh, well... Anyone agree?

Oh,

I also hate Slipknot and
    any other bands of that type...

14. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Yey, yet another topic where the will be NO winner.

I heard a good comment yesterday, made by Matt Sorum (former Guns N Roses drummer).
    It went like this, "Does Paul McCartney go around calling himself The Beetles?" On Axl Rose still calling his band Guns n Roses when Axl is the only original member. I still love the old stuff they did, but you can keep the new stuff.

Hmm, just to be on topic, what do i personally hate? STEPS!! Thank cheese that they split up.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.