1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Worst films you have ever seen

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Barmy Army, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Here's my list of a few of the suckiest movies I've ever seen:
    - Star Trek V: The Final Frontier; Undoubtedly the worst Star Trek movie ever made. Don't get me wrong, I consider myself a trekkie, but even a fan like me has a hard time sitting out that movie. It was boring as hell. The only thing making that movie slightly memorable is Scotty bumping his head after claiming he knows the ship like the back of his hand.
    - 40 Days and 40 Nights; I can usually take teen comedies for what they are and actually enjoy them (American Pie was funny, The New Guy had Eliza Dushku in bikini :yum: , Bring It On had Eliza Dushku in bikini :yum: ), but 40 Days and 40 Nights sucked pretty bad, and Shannyn Sossamon just isn't enough of a hottie to save the movie. I was actually hoping that the guy didn't get the girl, which is pretty bad in a movie.
    - Mad Max; I may get a few people mad by putting this one on my list, but I recently saw this movie for the first time, and I was majorly disappointed in it. It was a movie about Max going mad, and that's it. If you didn't see his wife and child getting killed from ten miles away you must have been sleeping. The story wasn't there and it didn't explore the setting like the second Mad Max movie.
    - Kingdom of Heaven; The worst 8 bucks I ever spend on a movie theater ticket. Trying to cash in with an epic movie just doesn't work when a movie sucks that bad.
    - Anything by David Lynch; My brother and I sometimes watch movies together, and he sometimes brings these David Lynch DVDs. I haven't seen a single one with which I didn't wish I would fall asleep, just so I didn't have to watch the rest of the movie. I'm sure those DVDs will make excellent frisbees, as they aren't suitable for anything else.

There might be other bad movies I've seen, which were so bad I can't remember watching them.

And as if this post isn't long enough, I will present my 'Those movies are cool, you're opinion is wrong' list:
    - Van Helsing; Two words: Kate Beckinsale.
    - Pearl Harbor; Never saw the thing, but two words: Kate Beckinsale
    - Sin City; It's a love it or hate it movie, and I think it's loveable.
    - The Truman Show; Completely agree with Fabius on this one, it's brilliant.
    - The Ring; The first movie to really scare me out since Snow White. I've never seen the Japanese version, but I've heard it's scarier :mommy:
    - Batman Begins: Best. Batman. Movie. Ever.

I must admit there are a lot of movies on your lists that I haven't seen, but judging by what some of you call bad movies, they can't be that bad :p

2. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Okay so I should'nt judge a movie that I have not seen, however Nicholas Cage will be starring in a remake of 'The Wicker Man'. I challenge anyone to find a Hollywood remake that was better than the original.

3. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Aliens vs. Predator

Need I say why? It's not probably THE worst film I've ever seen, but definitely one of the worst.

It's one of those movies that make me wonder why on earth did I ever bother to watch it at all. :doh:

4. Dengo Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

:flaming: Titanic is the worst film for me.
    :mad: Chuck Norris Movies
    :mad: I've watched "Sometimes They Come Back" two years ago. (It's a 80s horror movie, original novel written by Stephen King IIRC) I think that one is really bad. But i don't know what would i think if i had seen it in the 80s.

:confused: I can't stand Police Academy now but i liked them when i watched them the first time. They were funny for me when i was a child. For today's standards, of course they are not.

:thumb: I like Scarface too. I don't think it's bad.

5. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

The Hollywood remakes are usually worst. The Omen comes to mind.

6. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Heh, and Get Carter.

7. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

He.... Chuck is cool!

The Mexican - *shiver*

8. Takara

Media:
    You didn't like the Mexican? *stares in disbelief* That film is great!

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The Mexican was very ordinary - hardly great, but hardly the worst movie ever, either.

10. Takara

Media:
    When Brad virst gets to mexico and rents his "camino" I laughed so much.

11. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Only movie I have ever stopped before the end! Brrr...only the thought of having to watch that first 30 minutes again.

Matter of opinion really...

12. Takara

Media:
    I guess... we cant all like the same films. ;)

13. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Mesmero: Kate Beckingsale is one of the reasons that 'Pearl Harbor' is bad. She's awfully inapt and does not strip enough clothing to be eye candy enough to rescue the movie.

Also, David Lynchs works are difficult to watch. But his movies aren't bad per se.

14. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Black cop/White cop comedies where they spend the entire movies movies going over 'differences in culture'. The Black cop always listens to rap, the White cop only listens to Country or Elvis. Eventually they get over the racial divide.

'Troubled' highschool dramas. A new teacher arrives in town, gets made fun of by his or her new pupils and then eventually turns gang-bangers into poetry reading wimps!

15. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Ben Afleck sucks, any other films I can watch, with some natchos, but MAN he is awfull.
    Also Star Wars episodes 1&2 are just horrible

16. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    According to IMDb this is the Bottom 100 of all time.
    I know few of them, though.

17. Takara

Media:
    I've just seen a handful, but I dont own any thankfully.

18. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Catwoman
    Daredevil (and pretty much everything Ben Affleck is in)
    Van Helsing - lames thing I have ever seen.
    Star Wars episode 1 - not even Darth Maul could save this one from Jar-Jar Stinks and the anakin kid.

Bloodrayne - picture Michelle Rodriguez trying to sound british, and only half-succeeding on every third word.

Pearl Harbour

Dungeons & Dragons 1-2

Crossroads

The new Pink Panther movie

Superman returns

War of the Worlds

Spawn

Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers

and pretty much all of the constant remakes hollywood is spilling out these days.

19. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    the matrix 2 - what a load of expensive rubbish

20. Wiley One Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

The Barbarians (1987)
    featuring Peter and David Paul

This is the first time I actually got up and walked out of a movie that I paid for.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.