1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Worst purchase ever?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Apeman, Oct 3, 2002.

1. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

he intentioner of the damned did you really not like mmVI, I loved that game after playing heroes of might and magic 2 until I couldn't anymore.

when did you buy the game? this year

2. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Yup, this year, midway through a game of Baldur's Gate 1, which probably explains my dissapointment.
    Probably if i was to persevere, it might be a reasonable game but graphics are important, and in that department it was definitely lacking.
    I kind of liken it to Sword of Xen, like the very early first person adventures.

Sorry, but at the end of the day, what i saw i didnt like. And with all the nice new games on the market, i probably will never put it back onto my pc.

3. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Star Wars: Force Commander

Worst game I ever bought!!! It had so much promise! It looked cool, had a cool description, ground and air tactical combat...I was so psyched!

But then I played it. It was clunky, the graphics sucked, and all of the combat interfaces were confusing. I haven't bought another Star Wars game since...Nor will I ever.

Tie Fighter was the best SW game ever!!! And it will always have a special place in my heart.

4. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

See intentioner of the damned thats the problem, the game is 5 years or so old.

I bought it when it immediatly came out, even then the graphics were kinda dated but it is one of the more enjoyable games out there, especially then. Put your speaker on high and it becomes tense.

In other words (and much shorter) I loved it :D

5. Uytuun Gems: 25/31

Media:
    Diablo II, never got past the amazon encampment.

Creatures II is a close second. I never managed to raise my creatures properly.

6. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Sudden Strike. My god I hate that game. :wail:

7. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

King Quest Mask of Eternity
    Where did all this slaughtering come from? Just wasn't the same as the classics...

On Ultima8 - compared to the ones before it, yes, it's a disappointment. But IMHO, it wasn't a complete bust.

8. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

POR2, $110 and the stupid thing didn't even run

9. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] You...paid...one hundred and ten dollars...for...a...game?

10. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Ultima 9 :(

11. Esquire Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] It's IWD2 (JUST KIDDING!!!) :D
    I vote for Civilization 2 because it makes me vomit.

12. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

wreckless for the x box. It came with it, but I could have had tony hawk 3. It looked good on the back, nice grphics and everything, but the story was so lame, and the characters in it were just sad, I've played it about three times, and stuck in halo after twenty minutes after starting

13. Teensabre Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Pongo Unlimited - A game based on pong, but it was worse than the arcade version, if that's possible. :nolike:

14. schteen Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

ultima 8 & 9 is really getting flamed here... well i actually liked U8..
    but Ultima IX....now THAT`S a stinker!!

15. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I though I posted here already, but I guess not. My worst buy ever is Battlecruiser 3000 AD. Holy cow is it bad.

16. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    For me, the two worst games I bought were, ironically, in a two game package. They're "Lords Of The Realm II" and "Lords Of Magic".
    Geeezzz, have you ever played games that suck as much as these two?? Seriously, I played "Lords Of Magic" for maybe 5 minutes, and I thought it was waaaaaay too complicated for nothing, the battles were really bad, and it advertised itself as a RPG, and it's not even close. For "Lords Of The Realm II", I played for a bit (couple of weeks), but I left the game because it was too restrictive. And I couldn't figure out the battle sequences.

(The next two are "Gangsters" and "Star-Wars Rebellion". They're really bad, and they also deserve their hard-worked spot on the wall of shame!)

17. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Star Trek: Generations is the worst game...

worst purchase:
    Neverwinter Nights... i never play it.

18. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

Neverwinter Crap

19. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Are you kidding?? Rebellion was one of my favorites, just the deal of hiding your bases in the outer starsystems and attack from their with huge fleets made this one of the greatest SW games

The worse game I ever played was Time Commando, finished the damn game in 2 days on hardest setting. After that I threw it away

20. knightlight Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] I'd call Neverwinter Nights one of my best buys- of course, this is where I went from being restricted to games that could run on my SiS (aka PoS) video card that came with my motherboard to using a GeForce 4 3D card, so maybe I'm just overawed...
    My worst buys would be Ultima VIII and Wing Commander Prophecy. Prophecy was really a heartbreaker because I loved the rest of the series, but it was too demanding for my old K6 200, and completely incompatible with my Duron 1000 for reasons still unknown. So, into the Shoebox of Abandoned Games it goes...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.